Sleeping by campfire ruining clothes...

Pumpgunner

Twice now I've had all of my clothes ruined by sleeping near my campfire. 1st time I was probably too close as I hadn't yet realized that you could damage your clothing by fire overnight, but the 2nd time I was sleeping far enough away that I was barely in the fire's light and I still managed to ruin all of my clothes. Fall asleep-ripping sound-all exterior clothes ruined. It would be nice to be able to move farther away if your clothing is being singed, I don't think that you would sleep through that!

I had recently repaired everything, so it was all in the 75-90% range. I am thinking that this may be some kind of bug, because looking back on it the damage happened after I had gotten up to feed the campfire and have a drink-I slept from about 9pm to 4am, got up to feed the fire, and then went back to sleep until 9am and woke up with my exterior clothing ruined. I didn't change my bedroll position or anything else.

I had recently repaired everything, so it was all in the 75-90% range. I am thinking that this may be some kind of bug, because looking back on it the damage happened after I had gotten up to feed the campfire and have a drink-I slept from about 9pm to 4am, got up to feed the fire, and then went back to sleep until 9am and woke up with my exterior clothing ruined. I didn't change my bedroll position or anything else.

i can confirm this. i repaired all my clothes including my nice insulated boots i've been so proud of just before a little trip, night-ice-fishing at mystery lake ... in one night there was a little of a storm. next day i had a look if there's something to repair and had to recognize that most of my clothes got ruined during the night. the only left intact: my wool socks and a thin wool sweater ... WTF!? The stove was burning all night, but i in reallife i never woke up naked just because of sleeping next to a stove or even an open fire.

I've also the impression, that this can happen during foraging wood for a longer time like eg. 2h. But i am not 100% sure about this.

Archived