an idea

aurora

hey,

not really a wishlist from me, but in my opinion the "andes flight disaster" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Andes_flight_disaster gives some interesting ideas of what one could do in this extreme situations ... including melting snow with metal if no fireplace or no matches are available and scraping meat from frozen corpse ... maybe the last one is a little bit to scary ... but i a least wondered myself why i am unable to take a dead body's clothes or boots if my own ones are ruined.

what do you think?

Has been suggested before, cannibalism has been decided against, the majority opinion is that it doesn't bring enough to the game to justify the controvesy it would bring for the game. Clothing, maybe, but they would be in such poor condition as a result of exposure to the elements, plus they would be frozen to the corpse, so removing them would likely leave a lining of frozen skin on the inside of the clothing.

Has been suggested before, cannibalism has been decided against, the majority opinion is that it doesn't bring enough to the game to justify the controvesy it would bring for the game. Clothing, maybe, but they would be in such poor condition as a result of exposure to the elements, plus they would be frozen to the corpse, so removing them would likely leave a lining of frozen skin on the inside of the clothing.

How about corpses that has spawned inside cabins and houses? But.. of course there would be a moral problem taking clothes from a dead guy. That and the fact that you would leave a nude / half-clothed corpse. Maybe a possibility to only take boots / jacket or coat as they are the outer layer of clothing (not leaving any lining of frozen skin as you said).

When thinking of real life and if I needed clothes and I found a corpse with good clothes I would probably carry the corpse inside to fire and warmth so the clothes would be easier to remove and without any damage. It would, as I stated, be a moral choice. In my opionion, in the gaming world, it would be OK for survival (maybe try to bury the corpse somehow but that seems impossible because of the frozen ground).. Thoughts?

One thing that I have thought about is that all corpses are male. Of all the corpses lying around you would think at least one woman would have lived here and had the bad luck of dying from starvation / freezing.

That's one thing I'd like added is a female corpse model, as the assumption that all the dead are male is unrealistic. Perhaps you should be able to remove outer clothing, but they are left in their long johns, with the character saying "It's frozen on, I can't remove it" or "I'm not gonna wear that, no matter how cold I get" when you attempt to remove it.

That's one thing I'd like added is a female corpse model, as the assumption that all the dead are male is unrealistic. Perhaps you should be able to remove outer clothing, but they are left in their long johns, with the character saying "It's frozen on, I can't remove it" or "I'm not gonna wear that, no matter how cold I get" when you attempt to remove it.

Agreed, both would be good and realistic features.

Archived