am i the only one?

aurora

I dont know what is going on but the other nite playing 1.66. I was foraging and it got late, I had a fire going but I saw another fire at least 1000 yards away from me just inside the range of the maximum draw distance. It wasnt mine and it was late I wasn't going to go looking at it. I am seriously freaked out. I walked to it well ran to it the next morning, it was sort of on the direction I was heading too and yes! there was a burnt out fire camp there and no I had not been there before. Talk about eerie.

Do you ever get that feeling in the back of your neck like when you were a kid and not really sure if monsters exist and shit. Yeah that feeling, That looking and seeing if I'm being watched feeling. It is interesting that this game delivered that.

Today, I found some foot prints too just before a blizzard hit. This was several hundred feet away. But they weren't mine. I'm really wondering if this is just the developers tossing us an Easter Egg or seriously trying to creep us out. Everybody I've encountered on the map has been dead corps-ed for a long long lonnnnnng time. However I've found two hatchets in the hands of the guys in the upstairs of the cabins, the dead corpses on the floors, and that one new music cue plays and its soooooo EEEEEERRIE.

I wonder if we're being hunted or if it is all in my head.

Oh yeah I followed the footprints for say maybe 1000 feet but had to break it off because of a blizzard, I was already low health and there was a cabin a few hundred feet behind me so I followed them as far as I could. This was up in the campground area. I made it back to that one trailer shelter up there. I wish I'd followed them all the way to where they ended up.

I dont know what is going on but the other nite playing 1.66. I was foraging and it got late, I had a fire going but I saw another fire at least 1000 yards away from me just inside the range of the maximum draw distance. It wasnt mine and it was late I wasn't going to go looking at it. I am seriously freaked out. I walked to it well ran to it the next morning, it was sort of on the direction I was heading too and yes! there was a burnt out fire camp there and no I had not been there before. Talk about eerie.

Is this really true? Talk about creepy!

I dont know what is going on, it was one of those nights I was just playing while "working" and I didnt have my fraps going so I didnt capture it but I will be looking out for it. If it happened once it will probably happen again. I'd like to believe it was a bug but its just odd and creepy and maybe this is part of the story and well if I was the dev I'd leave it in as a free Easter Egg why not.

one day i got up early in the forestry lookout, looked out of the windows and i spotted an small, bright orange spot far away. the spot seemed to move, but only very slightly, switching from smaller to slightly but noticeably bigger. i think i looked in the direction of the trapper's homestead. i don't think it was on the playable part of the map so i asked myself if it was possible that i could see the coastal highway region from here (which is probably not possible). in another game i also encountered the burnt out fire camp below the bridge by the dam, but it was the first time i was down there (and i also had two wolves on my ass) so i didn't think too much of it. i don't think it's really creepy (IMO a world where everyone is dead is creepier than a world in which a few people are still around) and i guess it's just the developers trying to improve the game experience with little details, or just testing stuff for the story mode.

Before I knew I was all alone. (When the game first launched in E/Access) I used to get startled by some of the ambient sounds. Most specifically when sleeping indoors one time I thought I heard a loud knock.I woke up the next day and found a corpse I had overlooked. At the time it was pretty upsetting considering I would have tried to save an NPC if the option existed.

Id love to have the ability to brace a chair against the door to prevent intrusion once NPC's get added. I too have noticed the campfires but have not looked for tracks yet...

In my last game the wolf got me down to 2% then as Im heading to the nearest shelter, a 2nd one got me and came and took a bite. Survived 13 min. Worst survival attempt yet. Anybody survive less?

4 minutes, jumped by two wolves almost instantly after spawning near the lake.

Mine was on the jackrabbit island, watching a wolf go for a rabbit I thought he might bite the flare but he got me down to my two balls. Then another one I didn't see about 120 degrees and just inside range picked me up after I got bandaged. Tough luck. At least I can say I don't hold the fastest death.

One night I was lost in the woods, starving, dehydrated, and freezing. While stumbling my way through, I saw what appeared to the the Trappers House, but fully lit with smoke leaving the chimney. My last flare fizzled about 50 paces out, and it was the dead of night so I couldn't even see 2 feet in front of me. I ran fast as I could towards the house, but while I was trying to navigate the slope, I was mauled.

We're not alone. The question is, is the extent of this other presence simply to creep us out at this time, or is it possible to run afoul of this mysterious stranger?

Archived