Screen black after loading

chasingsheep

Description: Occasionally after loading screens (entering building, sleeping), you can still interact with the surroundings, but the screen is black. The times this has occurred the screen in question was previously visible, and upon reloading it stops working. In one instance I managed to get back outside, where the visuals worked again, but going back inside the building continued to be entirely black.

Repro steps: I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes this, but after loading the visuals won't (there will still be the crosshair and interaction text, but you can't see the surroundings).

Visibility: Rarely, but you can't really explore that location anymore.

Did you try using lightning a storm lantern/flare/wood match to see if the screen was black or it was just too dark there?

Many buildings interiors are very dark and especially at night after sleeping some hours the room can be completely dark. I don't play on a Mac, so maybe there is a bug related, but the next time (if you haven't tried already) you can try to lit the storm lantern if you have one, light a flare or strike a wood match and check if you can see the surroundings then.

What Shaesi said. If you still can't see after lighting a match please let us know if it's just one building where this happens or others as well.

Archived