Dam Wolfie - She's a ninja

Ruhroe

Pun Intended! I've played four games since the most recent patch, and I find I can not survive a wolf attack. Each game I got jumped and die. I used to kill them by filling up the bar, left click, and then right clicking. Sometimes scaring them off by a few left clicks and right clicking. Beyond that, I went to the dam during my most recent run and walked through the entire structure latern/flare out prepared to shoot, and no wolf. So, I start looting. While opening a locker with a pry bar I get attacked with zero warning, have a knife, and promptly died from about 80% condition.

I'm not sure what I'm missing about killing wolves, if anything, and I find it's an adventure now anyways making sure I don't get close to them, or have a flair/gun ready. Regardless, my real concern is the wolf spawning on you in the dam even after you've cleared the place. It's a bit discouraging with the current wolf hand combat difficulty. There's really not much you can do about it--at least that I can tell.

My first adventure in since the newest patch. I found myself the trappers hut, equipped myself, got myself good and rested, went outdoors, and a wolf attacked me and I died. Honestly, in a fight with a wolf, WHO builds up strength before attacking?? And honestly, pick up something and demonstrate to me how you build up strength before swinging away....

How about just programming in a fight calculator, based on our health, condition, hunger, thirst, what we are carrying, weapons, and wolfie's condition, toss in a bit of randomness and then just give us results every time. or our button mashing can be the random luck generator for us. but this left mouse button build strength right mouse button to attack WHILE being attacked and drained of both life and clothes quality is just depressing at this stage :(

Archived