Multiple Save and Load Slots

Bill Tarling

It would be nice to have at least 3-5 save slots available -- to save different game progressions. Something like Borderlands where you can see the area you saved and the time marker.

When loading or continuing from a saved position, we could then choose which progress we wanted to continue [and that allows us to test more areas without restarting, or to save bug spots for screen captures if needed]

• Hinterland

We have other tools to help with testing which we'll be sharing soon.

In terms of save slots -- we've discussed this heavily internally and the current solution (the game saves when you Rest, and there is only one save Slot) will likely remain as is.

There are just too many gameplay pacing and overall game challenge/balance issues that multiple saves can introduce.

Guest Alan Lawrance

One thing we have discussed, and may implement, is multiple slots at the main menu level. This would allow multiple people to play the game and save their progress (as well as let an individual start multiple parallel playthroughs). Still only one slot per game instance though, as Raph said.

Even a Load Saved Game in main menu would help -- rather than having to start game, then calle up in game menu (which is only place I've found the load saved game option)...

Either that or have "Play" [continues automatically from last saved point] and/or "New Game" [starts a new game from the beginning]

Guest Alan Lawrance

Yes, there should be a "Load" option from the Main Menu. This was recently turned off for a demo, and was mistakenly not re-enabled. Next build is going to fix a lot of bugs!

This would allow multiple people to play the game and save their progress (as well as let an individual start multiple parallel playthroughs). Still only one slot per game instance though, as Raph said.

[glow=red]So who is up to Share their Screen with me, worlds away so I can play a game ??[/glow]

Archived