Jerry cans

ErickRedfieldh

I had warm bath idea from the first time I played. I just think it goes under "gimmick". Also pretty bad payoff in terms of resources right now, you need at least 50l of water for 2h of warmth and a potential for pneumonia.

EDIT: It could however make sense if he had a "morale" stat, that a hot bath followed by sleep would give a huge boost.

(You can't just pour kerosene into a desk drawer or a locker.)

Yes you can!

Pour water into "standard"-sized pot. put pot on woodstove, let water heat up. Take the soap from the many residential bathrooms, and a scrap of cloth.

Boom. Hot bath.

People don't seem to realize that personal hygiene is rather important in a wilderness survival situation. You want to wash your clothes semi-regularly, as when they get dirty, they lose insulation properties. If you don't wash your body, you develop rashes and other nasty things.

I had warm bath idea from the first time I played. I just think it goes under "gimmick". Also pretty bad payoff in terms of resources right now, you need at least 50l of water for 2h of warmth and a potential for pneumonia.

EDIT: It could however make sense if he had a "morale" stat, that a hot bath followed by sleep would give a huge boost.

(You can't just pour kerosene into a desk drawer or a locker.)

Yes you can!

Pour water into "standard"-sized pot. put pot on woodstove, let water heat up. Take the soap from the many residential bathrooms, and a scrap of cloth.

Boom. Hot bath.

People don't seem to realize that personal hygiene is rather important in a wilderness survival situation. You want to wash your clothes semi-regularly, as when they get dirty, they lose insulation properties. If you don't wash your body, you develop rashes and other nasty things.

We took "2 quart bathes" at least every other day, no matter where we were while I was in the service. In some areas a "5 gallon shower was a luxury. Poor personal hygiene will take people out of the fight. In a situation of survival, it could get you killed.

We currently do not have to worry bathroom breaks right now or any of the sanitation issue that can arise from cleaning up after yourself. We don't what to worry about cleaning our food, cleaning plates, disposing of garbage or rubbish. Some of that stuff could be useful and a lot of it is a pain to deal with (in the game). While there are a lot of things that could be added I think we have questions to ask ourselves. Do this add to the flavor of the game? Have I fallen into micromanagement? Is this fun? Does this take away from the game?

I think if they wanted to add a stinky, dirty and just plain filthy as a slider to the game it would not be a bad thing. The Forrest added "bloodied" to game, increasing the players chances for infection. Something similar could happen here, if only giving the wolves prey that was easier to track. For gaming sake a gallon of non-potable water, a cloth and 15 minutes could take care of most of our issues. The cloth would then become a "wash rag" :) It would be nice to add some soap to the mix but that is not 100% necessary. For teeth we just need a bit of water and a fibrous, non-toxic, stick. If we were looking a half a gallon of non-potable water and 15 minutes to not get over the "stinky" level of the hygiene slider... was it really necessary? If the devs ever let us do something else while the stove was busy (boiling water, melting water, cooking, etc) then this activity could be laughed over. After I melted the water, I could be melting more while cleaning up.

Having to clean clothing would increase the "wear" on the items and leave the player needing an extra set of clothing... just in case. Again, we would need non-potable water and a lot of agitation to get the job done, say 5 minutes for every 2 pounds of clothing. Soap might not speed up the process but it could allow the player to get clothing cleaner on the attempt. The wasted water and time would not seem to be a huge deal (maybe a few hours every few days), but the extra wear on clothing could be an issue. As a side note, if clothing became so stiff from grime it could stand on its own... could that be extra defense from a wolf attack? :P

I don't know if I want to micromanage survival that much, but I leave it up to the powers that be.

• 1 month later...

Archived