Jerry cans

ErickRedfieldh

• 2 months later...

I agree with being able to pour a liquid from one jerrycan to another. I would also like to pour the liquids from the individual Lantern Fuel containers into a jerrrycan for consolidation at my base.

Idea:

-Lootable funnel which allows you to pour liquids back and forth without losing any. Try it without a funnel and you will lose an amount of liquid.

• 2 months later...

I would like to be able to transfer kerosene between jerry cans, but I also think that a jerry can should be required to transfer kerosene to a container. (You can't just pour kerosene into a desk drawer or a locker.)

I would also like to recover kerosene from lamps when they are harvested for scrap metal.

If oil lamps are added to the game then a full jerry can will keep you in glow for a long long long, longlonglong time. The long dark indeed. 8-)

There is a difference between kerosene and lamp oil but I imagine that some/most lamps can burn both. Still wouldn't mix the two for storage though.

...I also think that a jerry can should be required to transfer kerosene to a container. (You can't just pour kerosene into a desk drawer or a locker.)...

Have you tried putting kerosene in a desk drawer without the jerry can/ lamp/ fuel bottle? Because that's not possible, just like you would expect. You can only move the item containing the kerosene, not (part of) the kerosene itself.

I had not. I assumed it was like water, which seems to spontaneously generate gallon jugs for containers, and liter bottles when dropped.

Which seems to be an accurate representation of the number of empty plastic bottles discarded in America, according to the recycling commercials.

Yes, most experienced players create stashes like that in strategic places.

I would like such containers for water very much. Would make managing your water supply more of a challenge. In one game I had a supply of 800+ liters in my main camp and 20+ in every major location in ML and CH. That wouldn't be possible if containers were limited.

Yes, most experienced players create stashes like that in strategic places.

I would like such containers for water very much. Would make managing your water supply more of a challenge. In one game I had a supply of 800+ liters in my main camp and 20+ in every major location in ML and CH. That wouldn't be possible if containers were limited.

Jackrabbit Island has a biiiig bathtub! That's 300-400l at least! :D

I had warm bath idea from the first time I played. I just think it goes under "gimmick". Also pretty bad payoff in terms of resources right now, you need at least 50l of water for 2h of warmth and a potential for pneumonia.

EDIT: It could however make sense if he had a "morale" stat, that a hot bath followed by sleep would give a huge boost.

(You can't just pour kerosene into a desk drawer or a locker.)

Yes you can!

Archived