Way too much Sewing kits and Painkillers

STFU

Hello,

During my numerous sandbox run, I noticed that I had too much Sewing kits and Painkillers which are usefull indeed but not as much as a simple tool or anti-biotics. I think you should decrease a bit their spawn rate because sprained ankle are pretty rare, or you should include painkillers with wolf bite statuts.

I have actually 34 painkillers for day 35 and none of them were actually usefull.

Thanks !

Hello,

During my numerous sandbox run, I noticed that I had too much Sewing kits and Painkillers which are usefull indeed but not as much as a simple tool or anti-biotics. I think you should decrease a bit their spawn rate because sprained ankle are pretty rare, or you should include painkillers with wolf bite statuts.

I have actually 34 painkillers for day 35 and none of them were actually usefull.

Thanks !

I agree about the painkillers. Day 50 and I had about the same amount of painkillers. Didn't get a chance to use them yet. They might be more useful I was hunting more often in the outdoors but I didn't have a chance (update reset my playthrough)

I object. Only because you don't use it or need it, this should not be removed from game or the amount should be lowered.

I think that a good thing to do, would be to add more uses to them.

Acetylsalicylic acid also called aspirin has many good properties, like to reduce fever and is anti-inflammatory, but also prevents a little bit from thrombosis (blood clots) or from heart attacks and strokes.

Isobutylphenyl Propanoic acid or known under Ibuprofen has also ability to lower fever and reduce inflammation.

The same applies for all other NSAIDs like Diclofenac.

While I agree that items like sewing kits could have more uses and I would prefer that to reducing the number found, I would chuck the game if I were to die from a heart attack because I didn't take painkillers for too long...

As it is the randomization of items is a little too random. On some runs you find hardly any painkillers, on other runs you find a ton of them. Maybe there should be a minimum and maximum to the number of items you can find. There should always be at least 2 bottles of painkillers on Coastal Highway, but never more than 4. Something like that. And maybe the amount of pills in each bottle should be less, 4 instead of 6?

While I agree that items like sewing kits could have more uses and I would prefer that to reducing the number found, I would chuck the game if I were to die from a heart attack because I didn't take painkillers for too long...

As it is the randomization of items is a little too random. On some runs you find hardly any painkillers, on other runs you find a ton of them. Maybe there should be a minimum and maximum to the number of items you can find. There should always be at least 2 bottles of painkillers on Coastal Highway, but never more than 4. Something like that. And maybe the amount of pills in each bottle should be less, 4 instead of 6?

At home i got more painkillers, than is found on this two maps. To be exact:

2x Aspirin package as pils one as a aspirin complex. 2x 200mg Ibuprofen. 2x 400mg Ibuprofen. 1x 600mg Ibuprofen.

Making it around 200 pils.

But for an example they could substitute Antibiotics, if you have an minor infection from a wolf bite, or if you have caught a cold to bring the fever down and etc. One could also make a use for painkiller after a wolf fight, to gain 5% - 10% condition back as a psychological effect due to removal of the pain.

At home i got more painkillers, than is found on this two maps. To be exact:

2x Aspirin package as pils one as a aspirin complex. 2x 200mg Ibuprofen. 2x 400mg Ibuprofen. 1x 600mg Ibuprofen.

Making it around 200 pils.

But for an example they could substitute Antibiotics, if you have an minor infection from a wolf bite, or if you have caught a cold to bring the fever down and etc. One could also make a use for painkiller after a wolf fight, to gain 5% - 10% condition back as a psychological effect due to removal of the pain.

Are your painkillers at home prescription? The ones in the game are in prescription bottles.

I wouldn't mind them replacing a few of those painkillers with antibiotics, and maybe one of those sewing kits with a rifle. Would be better if there were fewer sewing kits and clothes degraded more slowly, and turn a few of those drops into other things as well.

I dont know about sewing kits, but i totally agree with Dark on painkillers.

Most of the people has basic painkillers at home, at work, at their cottage on the frozen lake - if the have one.

Some things are just common in the world and I think that there should be a lot more things like these.

For example - i think every bigger house in TLD would have an axe and a few different knives inside IRL.

When you have a lot of stuff around - as a player you would have to make decisions: Which one is better? Should i grab more of them? Do i really need this?

Of course - it should apply to stuff that doesnt make the game too easy. I

t doesnt really matter if you have 10 or 40 painkillers. Now i am on 10th day and i popped two of them i guess.

It does matter however if you have 1 or 4 sewing kits... those are not that common and easy-to-find stuff imho.

In both my long runs I've used up several sewing kits. If you want to keep your clothes in working order you'll need them in the long run.

While it's true that most people living in this region would not only have knives and hatchets/ axes lying around, many would also have a hunting rifle for hunting and a heavy caliber handgun for defense against wild animals. And most people have more than just a few clothes in their closets and plenty of food in their kitchens. But that would make the game way too easy.

And you're given a perfectly good reason why those items are not there. Look around, drawers are standing open, cabinet doors have been broken off. Either the owners left in a great hurry or the houses have been looted already. Most of the items you would expect to find are already taken.

I agree that there are a lot of painkillers and that it makes sense to find a lot of them too (they would be easy to miss if you're leaving in a hurry), but what use could you think of for painkillers other than as a painkiller?

Are your painkillers at home prescription? The ones in the game are in prescription bottles.

In germany you can buy aspirin or ibuprofen up to 400 mg, therefore i think that the 600mg has been on prescription. Technicaly a nonsense because you can take 3 x 200 mg at the same time for the same effect, but you should only not take more than 2400 mg within 24 hours, because there begins the toxicity. The toxicity is dependend on bodyweight, genetics, liver state and etc.

We have also 100 mg and 50 mg ibuprofen for our children, in case they are sick and the fever is too high, and this has been prescribed. Normally in germany only prescription based are the Opioid ones, like Morphine. And believe me if you take Morphine you feel nearly no pain, you can be eaten alive by a wolf and you will laugh. I have only been given morphine before an operation, and never again.

I agree that there are a lot of painkillers and that it makes sense to find a lot of them too (they would be easy to miss if you're leaving in a hurry), but what use could you think of for painkillers other than as a painkiller?

Painkillers are the poor man's penicillin, against infections and fever or as a blood clot prevention (aspirin) if you are lying longer periods in bed and you are often dehydrated. On morphine you can go through the wilderness, like in 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.

Archived