some way to know if a bad storm is coming

furq

With the advent of this weather damage to clothes, and the rapidity it kills the condition of the clothes, maybe give us a little heads up the weather is going to change. Maybe see the birds going home to roost, or the character could say ,"hey this sky is looking bad, could be a storm on the way", like the "looks like I survived another day", Just to give us a chance to get into cover before the storm ruins your clothes, atm I repairing my clothes every 3 days, just to keep the bonus so I can go outdoors and try to hunt or scavenge.

Add in a simple barometer tool that loses durability over time. The worse condition it's in the more inaccurate it becomes. It could give us an in-game hour (less/more?) heads up to when the weather changes. We don't get it automatically....it's a rare spawn we have to hunt down. That way if we really want the heads up, and want it to be accurate, we'll keep it in good condition.

I think the purpose of blizzards is to put you into a dangerous situation which requires immediate action. I personally like the panic involved. If anything, they could maybe gradually fade the blizzard in. e.g., visibility, wind, snow, decrease over 20 seconds. This seems like the most simple fix and is realistic as well.

I think the purpose of blizzards is to put you into a dangerous situation which requires immediate action. I personally like the panic involved. If anything, they could maybe gradually fade the blizzard in. e.g., visibility, wind, snow, decrease over 20 seconds. This seems like the most simple fix and is realistic as well.

I get that you think it's meant to put you in danger, but it doesn't put you in any danger at all, it does however ruin the clothes your wearing, that's not danger, that's forced needlework.

What they could do, is the better condition your clothes are in the less damage they take and the worse they are the faster they degrade, give you a reason to keep your clothes as close to 100% as you can. The stick works much better with the carrot.

I get that you think it's meant to put you in danger, but it doesn't put you in any danger at all, it does however ruin the clothes your wearing, that's not danger, that's forced needlework.

Ruined clothing for a new playthrough = danger. The new achievements for staying out all night for 1 or 3 consecutive nights can also be very dangerous with the blizzards. I think blizzards are a "bigger picture" feature. They do plan on expanding the maps and hunting features. Imagine a new area with abundant wild life + very effective hunting tools but only 1 or 2 hunter's cabins with a lot of space in between them. A blizzard could make getting back to those cabins very difficult.

I agree with you that blizzards don't really endanger people with 80 pieces of cloth, sewing kit, and well insulated clothing. That is because you are prepared to deal with blizzards but still have to maintain your gear to deal with them. For those not prepared, it is dangerous.

I think letting the player know a blizzard is coming in advance is counter productive to the purpose of this game. That's just my opinion though. Blizzards have made surviving more tedious and tough with out a doubt.

Also, I'm not sure if wolves roam while there is a blizzard, but if they do then technically you at a higher risk for being attacked due to limited visibility and hearing.

What they could do, is the better condition your clothes are in the less damage they take and the worse they are the faster they degrade, give you a reason to keep your clothes as close to 100% as you can. The stick works much better with the carrot.

I think that is a good idea. It still requires the forced needlework you mentioned before though. But that is something I don't mind. I would like to see hide clothing you can make from animal hides/pelts that are more resistant to weathering compared to synthetics but can only be repaired with leather.

Archived