A Tighter Drop Zone

ManicManiac

In my current run, it's just occurred to me...  I kind of wish that the drop zone for items was a little tighter.  I mean specifically the area around you where items dropped from player inventory appear on the ground.  While I acknowledge that this is a personal preference/quirk of mine... I find myself spending a lot of time dropping items, only to them pick a lot of them back up and re-dropping - repeatedly, trying to get them in a tighter pile.

A specific example of this...  I use one of the tiny crates in the Mountaineer's hut as a coal bin.  I find myself having to climb up onto the crafting bench to be able to get over top of it and drop the coal in... but since most of it lands in fairly random way in the "drop zone" I end up picking most of it to try it again.  After much effort, I have a nice little box by the crafting bench what very neatly holds all my coal.  I guess I just wish it didn't take so much effort to be able to do this :) 

:D It may sound silly, but I can easily spend a large portion of my in game day trying to "tidy up" piles of things: Sticks, cloth, coal, charcoal, stones, pelts... pretty much everything that one might end up wanting to drop at one point or another. :D

*I also really wish there was a weapon rack in the Mountaineer's Hut...*

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I used to do the exact same thing...:D But man, it took so much time. Eventually I just got tired dropping and redropping items.

While at the moment, I'm not really too invested in keeping my living space overly neat, I do agree that the mountaineers hut just has too little container storage. A trunk, a few more metal boxes and a weapon rack would be nice. Also, it would be better if the first aid kit were to be moved to the shelf or the workbench.

16 hours ago, shade_grey said:

. . .I do agree that the mountaineers hut just has too little container storage. . . . 

The Mountaineers' Hut has a vast underfloor storage facility.  That one big storage is great, better than a cabinet with several drawers, it makes it easier to look through all your stored gear in one place.

Early on I just dropped most gear on the floor then did a bit tidying it up.  Now I find it better to store most of the gear in cupboards and cabinets. Apart from being tidier, it is much easier to find what you want than having to pick through a pile of half covered or covered gear in piles on the floor.

Of course I keep water, food, wood and one or two other things lying around for convenience.

9 hours ago, peteloud said:

The Mountaineers' Hut has a vast underfloor storage facility

Yes, but I filled that up two (in-game) months ago :D 

The purpose of my post though, is wishing that the drop zone would be a little tighter... I spend so much time picking up and re-dropping items, trying to tidy up piles of things :) 

Edited by ManicManiac

@hozz1235
:D Yeah... I fully acknowledge that trying to tidy up my piles is absolutely a quirky little compulsion I have when it comes to this game.

(full disclosure: there is another survival game I play - that also has a lot of what I call "pile management" - and I have the same tendency in that game too...)