Fun with wolves

Jolan

Along with the general hilarity of the usual games with wolves (stealing prey, luring them to their doom, contra dancing when you misjudge the distance) I've also been able to play flying jumping wolves.  (I actually think this is a bug and have dutifully reported it).  Lure a wolf in with your bow out.  Just as they start the final lunge to you shoot them.  A struggle may start, but you kick out quickly to see a wolf in mid leap shaking its head.  only lasts a few seconds.  Wolf will die suspended in the air.  Important safety tip - sometimes the wolf doesn't die and chews on your face.

wolf 1.png

screen_135f15a6-f80f-4799-a956-068277a7510c_hi - Copy.png

I threw a rock at a wolf once out of pure curiosity to see what would happen. Of course I miss, the rock hits the snow and the wolf is like "huh? What was that? *pads over to mystery rock but sees me trying to hide behind a tree* You!! How dare you throw shit at me!!! .. He didn't live for very long after that. hehe I love trolling wolves, especially when they deserve it LOL. :D

• Upvote 2

@PrincessAutumn,
I spend probably more time than I should pitching stones at wolves, but it is such and effective deterrent.  As an additional benefit, most of us here already know that when you right click to "aim" a stalking wolf will instantly go into a charge.

The good news about pitching a stone, is you don't have to aim.  I have a wolf near by where I am camped out, and it's the one wolf on the map that is safe.  I keep it to target practice with stones.  The more you practice the better your estimation of a though without having to aim, and that comes in handy when you want to distract a patrolling wolf, or if you need bop it's nose to get to stop stalking you.

Also... harassing bears with stones is funny, until it's not. :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2