Keeping Too Warm

Bill Tarling

Started off, and seemed to be doing fairly well [or at least getting by]. Exploring buildings, checked Survival Panel (to check time) -- closed it, turned, and saw wold jump at me -- managed to hit door enter just in time. Made it through the night, and next morning managed to start fire, boil some water, etc. Found more clothing [better condition], food, misc supplies, etc.

Was warming up by fire, then started towards another building -- part way there huge blizzard wind started blasting through, so I went back to the fire to warm [it was set near door of building in case I had to duck back inside].

TOD: 20 hours, 16 minutes

Cause: Burned To Death

Note to self: Do Not stand in a fire to keep warm!!! *lmao*

Didn't know how to boil water until after reading your post and figuring it out on my next playthrough. That helps a lot with the whole drinking water issue, but of course the first time I try it I burned myself as well.

Actually I was pretty healthy... almost no fatigue, no hunger, not thirsty, and had already warmed myself up by the fire. Had about 1800 calories available too, and only about 1/2 backpack weight used. I walked up to the fire, and was about to open the Survival Panel to check my stats -- and burned *lol*

Guest Alan Lawrance

Ray, are you saying the campfire doesn't cast light or have flame effects for you? Definitely a bug if that it is the case.

I see slightly glowing sticks from fires, but definitely no flames... Could that possibly be because my skill level for fire building hasn't climbed enough?

Then again that wouldn't make sense because I can boil water fine -- just no flam... and no light cast from the fire/glowing wood

Guest Alan Lawrance

Bug was confirmed and is now fixed -- will be in the next build. You'll find the campfire a lot more satisfying!

Archived