Broken ribs

galadhlinn

So I was attacked by a moose, twice in the span of two minutes.  :/

I sustained three broken ribs.  This meant I was stuck on TWM.  I used cloth to bandage and took the painkillers and they got check marks in the health panel.  It said I needed 120 hours of sleep to finish healing.  I did that and one of the broken rib icons went away, but there is still one broken rib icon.  The bandage and pain icons reappeared without the check marks (meaning I have to take them again) and it says I now need 168 hours to heal. WTH!?

So one rib did no healing at all while the other ribs healed, and now I have even more time needed?  I'd really like to see inside the dev's head who said this was a good idea and would make the game fun to play.  "I know, let's make it so ribs don't heal consecutively.  Let's stagger them so each rib is on a separate timer and one rib can't start to heal until the other is done healing.  Wow! that will be fantastic!  The players will love this. 

Please god this is a bug.

Guest kristaok

I don't think it's a Bug, that's just how it is with TLD Moose - they crack Ribs. It's best to avoid Moose unless you are positive you can take them down, because they unfortunately don't Bleed out like the other Wildlife when Shot. 

Edited by kristaok

I had two icons after the injuries, one pain and one bandage.  Once I applied those two, they received check marks.  There were no others showing.  Now it is possible that what I needed to do was to click on the other broken rib and then I would have seen that I needed to apply other bandages and pain killers.  If this is the case, this is poor ui implementation.  All injuries and all healing requirements should show when you open up the health panel.  It should not be that some show while others are hidden by a click that you only discover by experience (the hard way) or by posting in a forum.  This is feedback at this point.  There are many ways to address this on the development end.  Size the injury and remedy icons so they all fit on the screen and are listed under each injury respectively; Have each injury icon pulse until it is addressed; have a player FYI panel pop up whenever multiple injuries requiring multiple remedies occurs informing the player that they have multiple injuries that each require a remedy.

One of the things that drives me batty about the healing system is each of the wounds is treated independently.  So if you sprain your ankle and two wrists, you need 3 bandages and 6 pain pills.  I'm ok with the bandage part, its the pain pill part that seems whacked.   Likewise, if you take a pain pill but say click on the sprained ankle option, not the pain option the pill does nothing.  So unfortunately, if you had 3 broken ribs you would have needed to treat all 3 of them independently in order to have the resting count for all three of them.  

On 6/12/2019 at 6:56 PM, Jolan said:

One of the things that drives me batty about the healing system is each of the wounds is treated independently. 

Yes,  I don't see the logic or need for this.  Hopefully, with time they can introduce more sophistication with the injury/healing system.  I have gotten a sprained ankle climbing up to a wolf carcass, stopped and bandaged and taken pain pills.  Then I took ten more steps and got a sprained wrist and had to take more pain pills.  What happened to the first pain pills I took?  Shouldn't they still be in my system working?  Bandages used for sprains should be reusable.  After all you are just wrapping your ankle not stemming blood flow.

What you suggest would improve the game's realism. However, it wouldn't be a good idea for gameplay, IMHO. 

It is important that actions have consequences, and only if these consequences really matter will the game be fun. 

The game gets easy very quickly, and if it gets too easy it's no longer fun ;)