Revolver makes ears ring

KlabauterMann

I like this idea, right now the revolver has shadowed the rifle in almost every way except bear/moose hunting. Revolvers are very loud, I'd argue louder than a rifle of equivalent caliber. (I'm not a gun expert, but this is from experience of shooting a .22 revolver alongside a .22 rifle, both rounds achieved supersonic speeds but extra noise seemed to "leak" out of the relatively open cylinder.)

Will is a pilot and although he wears ear protection in the plane, I wonder if his hearing has been damaged anyways? Could explain why it only happens indoors, as of now. 

Edited by MarrowStone

On 6/19/2019 at 3:48 PM, hozz1235 said:

What if I'm wearing hats/toque?  Would the sound be muffled based upon number of headwear items and type of item?

If this is the case then the Wool Ear Wrap should provide the best protection! Being more rare it would then have more uses.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, XaldinVii said:

If this is the case then the Wool Ear Wrap should provide the best protection! Being more rare it would then have more uses.

I was trying (poorly) to portray the difficulty of implementing this.

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I was trying (poorly) to portray the difficulty of implementing this.

Poorly indeed, as I highly doubt that two layers of wool would make a significant difference when we're talking about a noise as loud as a gunshot. This could easily be ignored because a gunshot is hella loud, man. A good ring in the ears should always accompany them in TLD, I think. Just think about how hard they went on the sound effects with the headaches. Come to think of it, firing a gun indoors maybe should have a chance of giving you a headache.

Edited by LostRealist

On 6/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, LostRealist said:

Poorly indeed, as I highly doubt that two layers of wool would make a significant difference when we're talking about a noise as loud as a gunshot. This could easily be ignored because a gunshot is hella loud, man. A good ring in the ears should always accompany them in TLD, I think. Just think about how hard they went on the sound effects with the headaches. Come to think of it, firing a gun indoors maybe should have a chance of giving you a headache.

Okay, how about adding on a balaclava and rabbitskin hat?  4 layers make a difference?  ....ummm...yes.