Intro: Storm Without End

It's been about three months since I been on Timmberwolf, it's been pretty relaxing since then. I mostly been inside reading books by a fire, while only going outside every now and then to hunt deer, and gather up more fire wood. The wolf population in Pleasant Valley seems to by dying down a bit aswell, I have killed a few whenever I go out, but it seems most of them decided to move on to somewhere else. Thing have been relatively calm for a while, atleast until this past week...

1.thumb.png.41ece215ecd4117cfdaca95a35fbcb32.png

There has been this blizzard that has lasted for almost a week now. Pleasant Valley has always been known for it's bad weather, but this is something else, and it's worrying me. I'm running out of food, I need to go hunting, but this blizzard is giving me a hard time doing so. I need to move to a different region maybe things will be calmer somewhere else. The blizzard seems to have theses pauses that last for only an hour, next time it happens I will move. Just hoping that happens before this storm starves me out...

2.thumb.png.008e0c3dce272e857d978fc2c7bad1de.png

• Upvote 3

Part 1: The Great Escape

The storm died down a little next morning. It was early morning, and still pretty dark out, but this was likely going to be my only chance to leave so I had to take it. I quickly packed up my bow, revolver, and what little food I had remaining, then head out. I look at the cruddy map that I had drawn and decide to go to Mystery Lake, I had about one hour to get to the dam.

3.thumb.png.8ebc025fa9cbad9f55311b48b2e9174e.png

Once I made it to the cave, I head in lantern in hand. I better not get too lost in here otherwise I would be wasting time. Fortunately I made it to the other side in record time, well atleast record time for me. Outside the weather was starting to pick up again, the storm was returning, it was time to go full turbo toward the dam. The jog toward the dam was uneventful but still horrifying with the wind getting stronger, and the snow falling more and more. Just as I make it to the emergency exit, the storm goes back into full force, in the worst possible spot aswell. My only way in was to shimmy across the dams ledge again, the first time was bad enough, but now I had a monster blizzard to fight against while crossing. I couldn't head back to the cave as that would take too long, so I take a deep breath and slide onto the dame ledge. The redeeming thing was the wind was being pointing toward the dam, if that weren't the case I would have fallen off without a doubt.

5.thumb.png.7b2659f5ca58ccb3db748c84a1d69714.png 

Once on the other side I quickly hop through the broken window, and into the shelter of the near indestructible dam. I sit on the floor and let the adrenaline settle. I'm never going through that way again. After I calm down I head through the dam, the "exciting" part was over now. Once I made it the emergency I smack it with my hatchet in anger, making me go through that... How dare it... Once I make it to the upper part and find the exit I open it and take a look outside, as expected the storm was still out there. I close the door again, looks like I have to stay in here until it calms down again. I just hope that there is enough food in here until that happens.

6.thumb.png.69d0417c3f5215ff7aecf527a4f11092.png

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Part 2: Safe and Sound

After some time searching the various lockers, desks, and anything else that could be searched, I found very little in terms of edible food, and what little I did find nearly gave me food poisoning just from looking at it. One thing I did find that was somewhat interesting was a combination safe inside the main control control room. If I wanted to get that thing open I would need a combination. I head upstairs to the main office room and search the bosses room, if anybody had he combination I assumes it would have been him.

8.thumb.png.b8b65f08f906f7791850bccb943dbd6e.png

Spending some time flipping through the files inside the desk I find a folder, inside that was a small posted note at the corner of a paper detailing the safe the a combination. The combination was 29-04-19, great now time to check that safe. I input the combination, it worked. I open the safe and inside was just a lousy book. I tossed the book aside in frustration, then again what was I expecting to inside, an MRE? I slumped against the wall, as I sat there heard something strange. Well to be more exact I didn't hear anything, no wind, did the storm settle already?

7.thumb.png.8c008cbfac1859bde7a88a280d653636.png

I head towards the main exit and took a peak outside, the storm was settled now. Strange, I was only inside the dam for about two hours. I can't let this opportunity slide, I have to make my way to the Cabin Office, I remember I set up a temporary base there. I walk outside, the snow was still falling quite heavily, maybe Mystery Lake will be calmer Pleasant Valley? I can't get too hopeful.

9.thumb.png.889c089e04679a3833812d97d82f0981.png

As i'm walking towards the cabin I notice the complete lack of animals. Not only are the wolves gone, but no deer were seen either. I guess this storm has scared them all off, that's bad if that's the case, how will I get food? The cabin only has maybe a few days worth of food last time I was there. Then it fits me, fish. Fish should be nice and and calm under that ice that is protecting them from the madness going on up here. I make it to the cabin off and let myself in, as much as I would like to have the rest of the day off I can't. I unload anything I don't need, check to see the food storage, still stocked to way I left it, good. I head back outside fishing tackle in hand, time for another fishing trip.

10.thumb.png.30e08cf915d1a8ac419e290a12d63b05.png

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Part 3: Late Preparation 

Normally the lake is crawling with wolves, not anymore. It seems that my theory on the animal population is true, all the animals are gone as of right now. Hopefully the fish will be biting good today. I walk over to the closest fishing hut, break the ice blocking the fishing hole, and cast away. I haven't gotten much better at fishing, but it's either this or live on cattails for the next few weeks.

11.thumb.png.383c560839377b0b0435a73a60fcdcee.png

After a few hours of fishing I noticed the wind and snow starting to get more aggressive, the storm was rearing up for another round. I did manage to get a few good catches, should last me for some time. I pack up the fresh fish and head back, it was getting quite late so it was hard to see, the snow didn't make that much easier. after getting near the office I make a quick stop to pick up a few cattails, I know I said I didn't want to eat these, but my choices are quite limited right now.

12.thumb.png.f773cd2a848329e3f61e354245dae621.png

Once I made it back to the cabin, I head upstairs to start up the fire so I can cook these fish. While I was cooking I looked out the window, I could barley see anything out there, but I did see that the storm did indeed pick up again. Seems like it's more calm down here, but not by much. While staring out the window I got an idea, I remember a while ago I heard rumors about some sort of bunkers people build that they would load with supplies for survival, I think it might be worth it to take a look in the cabin to see if there are any clues to where these bunkers are, or even if they exist at all. That would have to wait until morning however, now was time to have a good night sleep.

13.thumb.png.e5a4790ed8fc317f105b9185cf3c63e7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Part 4: Bunker Hunt

The next morning I spent some time searching through the filing cabinet to see if it mentions anything about those supply bunkers. After a few hours of searching I found a map and a document detailing the construction of these bunkers, i'm honestly a little surprised that there is some amount of truth to those rumors. I read over the paper, to put it short it seems they were planning to building nine different bunkers across Mystery Lake, and it also mentions a few are planned to be put in Pleasant Valley. all of them would contain different sorts of supplies, like tools would be kept in one bunker, while weapons and ammo would be in a different one. However according to the map, it seems they only managed to finish making one of them in Mystery Lake, the rest were labeled "Not started". I put the map inside my bag and look outside, the weather seemed to be pretty good, I could even see the sun, so off I went.

14.thumb.png.a63d7936edd3f6cec2f863986c73a9f8.png

According to the map the bunker was north-east of the logging camp, and it was labeled as a "Ration" bunker, just what I needed.  After lots of walking along the half buried railroad I made it to the road leading to the logging camp, I take another look at the map, yep still heading the right way. I continue up the road. While walking I remembered something the document said, it mentioned more bunker were possibly in Pleasant Valley, it didn't say much more than that however. I spent most of my time there but I never seen any of those bunkers, however considering that they only managed to make one bunker here it's very likely that they didn't make any over there. When I get back I might have to look more into that, but for right now i'm stuck here in Mystery lake thanks to the monster blizzard going on.

15.thumb.png.dd2bd544d049287112dc25c7a7cade12.png

Walking past the logging camp I take one last look at my map, they really wanted to hide these bunker as best as possible. I head up towards where the bunker was marked. After a small climb up a narrow hill I spotted a hatch, I guess that's my bunker, hopefully they got around to putting those rations inside it. I walk up the hatch and try to turn the handle, quite impressively it wasn't frozen shut, so I hoped inside.

16.thumb.png.8485af9c461888cd8924f5d5ceebeef4.png

The bunker was cramped and messy with papers and wood scattered around the floor. In-front of me was a small hall leading to a room, I turn on my lantern and head inside. To my surprise and glee the room did have a good about of food, canned good, energy bars, and plenty of MREs. There was enough to last me a few weeks, and by then the storm would surely be over. I packed my back as much as I could, I wasn't able to carry everything but i'm fine with that, I could always come back to get the rest some other day. I try to head back outside, but it seems the storm had picked up again. Oh well... I suppose I could wait it out in here.

17.thumb.png.3c180722cb0b8ffd5c6b7055d887adea.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Part 5: Ruined Tower

I spent the night inside the bunker, it wasn't the most pleasant sleep I ever had, I think even the time I rested at the side of a cliff face was better than tonight. I can't dwell on that however, I have things to do, like hauling all these supplies over to the cabin. I climb up the ladder to take a peak outside, the weather was reasonable enough so I climbed outside. I decided to take a small detour toward a water tower, I wanted to take a huge look over the area to see if there really are no animals left in this area.

18.thumb.png.9f2b045efec9f6ce5a0951860766f77e.png 

After a quick ascent up the hill I arrive at the tower, or atleast what was left of it. The tower was completely destroyed, it fell over somehow. Did the storm cause this? Seems to be the only way this could happen, not like a bear would chew at one of the legs to cause the tower to fall. I look over ruins of the tower, I saw some guy laying dead in the snow, I wonder if that guy was inside the tower when it fell, poor way to go. I spotted another tower that was still standing off to the south on another hill. I head back down the path that I climbed up to head to the more lucky tower.

19.thumb.png.edb835379f64d8f48321e724e5cb2bfa.png

Yet another hill to climb, but I get to the top. After my climb I take a look over the tower, mainly I check over the legs to see if there were still strong, I didn't plan on dying in a falling tower. The legs looked to be in good condition so I head upstairs to take a look around the area. I pull out a pair of binoculars to scan the area, no wildlife was spotted other than a few dead animals, so I really am all alone right now... After losing a small bit of hope I head back down to continue my long haul, I could see the storm was on it's way again so I had to pick up the pace.

21.thumb.png.a7d31fcb6f101dcc86d85992cd02c801.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Part 6: Left Out to Freeze

I got careless as I went down the hill in a hurry, as I was running I eventually slipped and fell face first into the snow beneath me. As I try to get back on my feet a pain shot up from my leg, it seems that I have twisted it. I struggle back up and make my way to the cabin, I was now going too slow, the storm catch up to me at this rate. I walk over to a bush with some red berries, they can treat the pain when I get back indoors. As continued my agonizing walk the storm picked right back up, and I was trapped inside it, now I needed to get back inside.

22.thumb.png.f53b1b4c8fc2f404892cefa999f0f3e1.png

I stumbled upon a frozen pond with a hunters blind, I got lost in the blizzard. My best chance of getting shelter at this rate was the small homestead off to the west of where the pond was was. I painfully walk up and down some more hills until I spotted the small but humble shack within the heavy snow. It was like finding the promised lands because of the situation I was in. I head up and let myself in, finding comfort from the lack of snow and wind inside.

23.thumb.png.4a2aa357f57ecd961b03a20ae914ae3c.png

The first thing I do when I get inside was stumble my way over to the stove at the corner and light a fire. Not only do I seek comfort in the warmth right now, but I also need to get a rose hip tea inside me right now. Once the fire was born I grab a pot next to the stove and place it on, pour some water inside and placed the berries I grabbed earlier and watched it boil. After a few minutes the water turned red, the tea was ready. I take tea and drank it, it didn't taste the best but that how all medicine is like. I place myself onto the bed and began to rest, wait for the ankle to get better.

24.thumb.png.ec190a794378867033f9609dbb0a30e9.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Part 7-A: Wait It Out

After I healed from my leg injury I make my way home late at night when the storm dissipates. Then after unloading and getting a good nights rest I head back to the bunker to grab the rest of the supplies to stock up the office. I look over all the canned goods, MRE's, fish, and leftover venison. I should have more than enough to wait this storm out.

26.thumb.png.7bd76f023cf19c849c51327520138c69.png 

I take one last step outside, i'm going to be trapping myself indoors for some time so I want one last good look at the lake and everything else. I remember back to a few weeks ago, how did this happen? When will this blizzard end? Only time will tell but i'm safe now, hopefully...

27.thumb.png.b3594b1cd3b4a7834cd423fd8e460bab.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Part 7-B: Boredom

About a week had past and still no sign of this storm ending. I gotten quite bored during this time. There's only so many times you can read over the ranger reports and brochures advertising the park before you can remember them front to back without even thinking about it.

28.thumb.png.2f7cc554b4ce801b735179b6b5097ae7.png

I got to thinking what plan B would be if my supplies run out, and I got very few ideas. The only other place to go from here would be to go to place called Broken Railroad. Broken Railroad lies just beyond Forlorn Muskeg and inside the region lies some sort of hunting lodge, good place for it considering the region is a good spot for hunting thanks to it's dense wildlife. If hunkering down here doesn't work than that place is my last option.

29.thumb.png.d02fbecf145ad2ffd7347e34bf64f910.png

• Upvote 1

Part 8: Another March

Another two weeks has passed and that damn storm hasn't gotten any weaker, if anything I think it gotten stronger. My last hope at this point is to march my was across Forlorn Muskeg and get to that hunting lodge, anywhere else is too far to making it in time. I will use the last of my food supplies to wait until that storm settles so I can make my move to Broken Railroad.

30.thumb.png.5c45f22d49bc42973509125d04ac8446.png

The next day the storm took it's break, I pack up the last couple of canned goods and move out towards the train tunnel nearby. Once through the tunnel I was greeted with the lovely sight of Forlorn Muskeg, my opinion of this place hasn't changed much, I still hate it, but hopefully the wolves are gone from this region as well. I walk along the railroad track and approach some sort of poachers camp made up from train containers. Nothing was inside and resting here would be suicide so I kept walking.

31.thumb.png.86727d7b0f358d86c013db6e6bfca24f.png

I make it to another train tunnel that should lead to Broken Railroad, in here would be the hunting lodge, witch would either be my salvation, or my grave. I try my best to follow the tracks but I was eventually blocked by some boulders so I had to go around. Hopping down from the tracks and walking along a river I spotted a fallen tree that lead to a path that would take me to the other side of the boulders.

33.thumb.png.4a03ec1076096cf2f66853d63c1e1dd6.png

Walking along the tree, then the path and back onto the train tacks once more lead me to a maintenance yard. I didn't even bother to head inside since the storm was picking up again and I didn't think there would be anything of value to me inside, and staying here until the storm calmed down again didn't really appeal to me either so I walked past without a second thought. The hunting lodge was real close now, there would be a good place as any to make a last stand.

32.thumb.png.90ea60c9c2427576fa647529c0d3b71b.png

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

@DerpyLemon115, I am really enjoying this story. I love how it has a narrative feel like it is an actual story of a person trying to survive placed in the long dark instead of like someone playing a game. Keep it coming I am hooked! :)

Edited by XaldinVii
Forgot to tag OP
  • Like 1

Part 9: A Glimmer of Hope

As I walk past the maintenance shed I came across a river with a hunting blind sat at the other side. I glanced around to see what else was nearby. A wooden bridge was to the right along the frozen river, up atop a cliff I saw what looked to be the hunting lodge, and at the bottom of the cliff I saw some movement, something brown. I wanted to take a look to see what it was so I cross the iced river and walked over.

34.thumb.png.67bb2604546f3a4e6f9611e183ca5bd2.png

As I got closer the thing moved behind a tree, I approach the tree and take cover. I slowly peak out to see what it was and my jaw dropped. It was two deer, I was amazed to see some after so much time. If I was able to hunt these I might have a chance at being able to hunker down in the lodge now. I take out my bow and take aim, I was afraid I might have gotten rusty after not hunting for the last month. I let lose of my arrow and it stuck the deer in it's neck causing him to fall to the ground instantly. Good, didn't lose my touch after all, the other deer ran off by that didn't bother me much. I walk over to quarter the carcass, I didn't have much time but I wanted to make this worth it.

36.thumb.png.185b3ba68a5eb4820209f7a473597123.png

I grab the meaty bags and continue my way up the path leading to the lodge, the storm was getting closer and I didn't have much time. As I walk up the path I saw more deer and rabbits all around the area, I guess this is where they ran to since maybe the storm is more bearable here. After more walking my vision was getting more and more obstructed from the ever growing snow fall. But after some time the hunting lodge was presented in front of me, I quickly made my way inside just as the storm had picked up again, now was my time to hunker down again.

35.thumb.png.7f673fcb15990bb82d4180e7b00e269c.png

After letting myself in I immediately place the meat bag in the closest table, after letting them go I stretch my arms in relief and take a look around. The main floor was quite a mess and didn't seem to have much supplies, downstairs was much of the same but there was some ammo stashed away under a workbench. Going upstairs lead me to some bedrooms, this place looked like it could house a whole family. However what it lacked was any sort of food, but with all the wildlife outside maybe that won't matter so much. Speaking of witch I guess I should go and cook that venison that I just got minutes ago.

37.thumb.png.7d1298fe8193ad28de785202943cc770.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

You're doing a very good job describing this as a narrative and presenting a lotof nice screenshots. :)

• Like 1

Part 10: The Calm

After my venison dinner I spent what felt like hours just staring out the window looking at the storm. I didn't enjoy waiting inside, I was getting bored. But unfortunately my only plan to survive is to wait until the storm settles then hunt a deer for food, repeat that process until the storm comes to an end. I was getting sick of waiting, I think I was going crazy. After spending more time just staring out a window that I could even barley see out of to begin with, I decide to just head to bed early.

38.thumb.png.7df9058f0c04c51c4fa01db293b23ebc.png

The next morning I look around the lodge for literally anything that could cure my boredom. I found some old books lying around the place, better than nothing I suppose. Most of it was junk, one book was about field harvest, already know all about that. Another told a story about some lunatic trying to kill a "demon bear" with a spear to save his dying wife from a fever, no idea who would be crazy enough to fight a bear with a spear, probably just some sort folk tale. After reading that last story I began to notice something, it was quite, way to quite, for hours now.... Did the storm finally come to an end?

39.thumb.png.192d9f755bcb1db644083653a43ff9ff.png

I take a step outside to have a little walk, it was completely calm outside. No snow was falling, not even the slightest breeze could be felt. I pinch myself to make sure this wasn't some really cruel dream, sure enough this was real. I take a walk to the nearby cliff to look over the region, complete silence. I guess this is what they call calm after the storm, and boy i'm glad that I made it though to see it. I head to the path leading down the hill, it was time to head home.

40.thumb.png.8dd85428093799884f78f47964e61a77.png

• Upvote 2

Part 11: Pathway Home

I exited Broken Railroad and past the muskeg, after all this time I am more than happy to be going home. Great Bear seemed silent, calm, but also lively at the same time. Walking back was uneventful, but I sort of liked it this way for now, I wasn't in much of a hurry, not anymore. Once I made it back to Mystery Lake I continued to follow the trusted road of the railway track, I plan on heading back the same way I got here.

41.thumb.png.991d929bccbd92c0823e36be219d1298.png

While walking I noticed that the wildlife had returned to the region, deer, rabbits, and even wolves were back to their lives as normal. I was afraid that they would be gone forever at one point, but as it goes to show that nature always has a way of repairing itself. Continuing my walk along the railway nearing the dam entrance, I look back at Mystery Lake one last time, it's nice to see it alive once again, she deserves it.

42.thumb.png.496678723e554aef262e386cd674536a.png

I head inside the dam and make my way to the lower levels, I walk up to the emergency exit at pry it open, this is the last time i'm being up here, next time I will find another way into Mystery Lake. I walk over to the ledge and look over the ravine. Almost there now just a few more steps. I head down the hill path and walk along the frozen river, leading to the cave that served as the gateway to Pleasant Valley.

43.thumb.png.cd782be29fb147669a1341148078fd60.png

I get lost again inside the cave, I sear this always happens to me, but eventually I do make it out. Once I exit I take a long look over Pleasant Valley, home sweet home. Life had returned to normal here as well. I walk up Signal Hill again to take a good look at my farmstead, the place looked completely untouched, minus the extra snow that was on-top of it. Here I am, my life can return to normal now.

44.thumb.png.641a7d421ebebd15527a80ee428c9156.png

• Upvote 2

Part 12: One Last Mystery

I walked down the hill, towards my house, and went inside, if I had any summit soda this would call for a party, but sadly I didn't have any, or any sort of food for that matter, I guess I should get on that right now... The rest of the day was calm, it consisted of me just forging for food, and tidying the place up. My life was getting back to normal, boringly normal. I had a nice big dinner and want to bed a little earlier than normal, I just couldn't wait until I could sleep in my own bed again, that's what I missed the most.

45.thumb.png.7c6c9d3ac15ee84c7adc023c3471099c.png

When I wake up the next morning I head downstairs to have a quick breakfast. While eating I was looking through a newspaper, and inside it was advertising Mystery Lake, looking at this reminded me of something. The bunkers, there were suppose to be some made in both Mystery Lake and Pleasant Valley. I had nothing better to do today so I suppose I should track down those bunkers here, but I need some clues to go off. The best place to find them I reckon would be on Signal Hill.

46.thumb.png.b16357aed147c81aa4866accca0c4898.png

I head up to Signal Hills shack and take a look inside. I already searched this place, but I never took a look inside the desk so that would be where to look. After spending about an hour looking though all the paper I found it, much like before I found both a map, and some papers detailing the bunkers. The document pretty much said the same thing as before, although interestingly it didn't mention anything about Mystery Lake or it's bunkers. Strange, maybe the ones here in Pleasant Valley were planned out first.

47.thumb.png.b42889ad32ce63ff9575d13b1e017aac.png

Whatever the reason, I didn't care to much, I just needed to look at the map. I glanced over the map and much like before only one out of ten bunkers were made. The one bunker that left was near a cliff that lead to Timmberwolf. That didn't make any sense to me, I was up there only a few months ago, how could I miss the bunker? I left the shack and went over to investigate, worst case scenario was it wasn't there, but I still wanted to check to make sure. After a lot of walking made nearly made it to the spot. Soon I would see what escaped just under my nose.

48.thumb.png.f70e2a371169e9ac2ca84974888aef4b.png 

• Upvote 3

Final Part: The Gift

As I slowly close in onto where this bunker supposedly rested, the suspense was killing me. The main reason was the label this bunker was given "Gift". Most bunkers were given labels on what was inside them like "Rations" or "Tools" or something. This one seems to be a personalized bunker, that was theory that made the most sense to me atleast. I made it to the spot marked on the map, the bunker could be seen just barely poking out of the snow. It was laying right behind a fallen tree, I guess that explains why I didn't see it the first time. I open the hatch and crawl inside.

49.thumb.png.65f601b5b18639e0eb0b81e45c305353.png

As I went in I notice two things. First was that this bunker was considerably larger that the first bunker. Second was that it smelled awful in here, it was like someone died in here. I nearly vomited but I fight against my stomach and take a look inside. As I look inside I began to regret what I said, there was a dead body laying next to stacks of wooden crates. As I examine the body I could safely determine from the many bite wounds that he was attacked by wolves. Next to the body was a note, the red lettering made it clear that the guy written it in his blood. The note read "These supplies are to those that need them the most". I carry the body outside and buried him in the snow, I would like to say it was all out of respect but it was mostly because the sight of his mangled corpse was sickening to me. I head back inside, this time covering my face with a scarf in a desperate attempt to block the dreadful stench of decay. As I look over the rest of the of the bunker I discover that the crates were completely loaded with everything, more so than the cargo plane... However looking at the note made me realize that these supplies were not intended for me, but for people that can't hunt or forge on their own. I take one crate of summit soda and head outside. As I start to walk home I look toward the place I buried the body, I hope that one day I get to fulfill his dying wish. But for right now I can rest.

50.thumb.png.3c84207dd5d221df88c3515da190da41.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Bonus Part: Cut Screenshots, Scraped Story Bits, and Easter Eggs

Since Within The Storm is now over I thought I would show off some unused screenshots kinda like I did with Among Wolves. I will also talk about a scraped story bit that I planned at one point that I decided not to include. Lastly I will point out some easter eggs I wrote throughout the story.

Cut screenshots:

First I will show some screenshots I took but didn't show. I did this twice back in Among Wolves but this time I saved all of them for the end. Like Among Wolves I will show the screenshot, what part it would have been in, explain what and/or where it is, and give the reason I didn't show it. Anyways lets get started.

First one is a picture of me cooking some meat inside the cave that connected Pleasant Valley to The Ravine/Mystery Lake, Would have been shown in Part One: The Great Escape. Didn't show it because part one was about me getting out of Pleasant Valley as fast as possible, so showing off a bit where I stopped to take time to cook up some food would have been inconsistent with that.

U-1.thumb.png.af804e53eb1061c0775b192718f23020.png 

Next is a screenshot of the standing Watchtower, taken on the hills of the ruined tower. Would have been in Part 5: Ruined Tower. Didn't show it because it would have messed with the Word:screenshot ratio that I like to keep.

U-3.thumb.png.b0e6f230bc7121a45e06e796e8df3bec.png

Next two are from Part 8: Another March and Part 9: Final Steps (scraped part). Didn't show these because I was going to make Both part 8 and part 9 to be the walk to the hunting lodge, However I ended up shortening it to just one part and ended cutting these two screen shots in the process. First one is the train tunnel leading Forlorn Muskeg, second is a river in Broken Railroad.

U-5.thumb.png.45c7131c04e047c8fa00bd7c1edde241.png

U-6.thumb.png.84c2454bae8d4b31836cade71757c40b.png

Next one is a picture at the maintenance shack showing off the "They hate the light" graffiti, would have been in Part 9: Final Steps (Yet again a scraped part). Didn't show because the the graffiti is referencing the fact the wolves hate light during an aurora, however no wolves are during almost the whole series so this bit was pointless to show.

U-7.thumb.png.1e3f98f105a3bd199bd141212f0a6918.png

Next is an overview of Broken Railroad, would have been in part 10: The Calm. This was not shown because I retook the screenshot at noon in-game so it would be brighter.

U-8.thumb.png.2d93dd6b2e37098cb4e0cbbd1d7dda6e.png

Next is a screenshot of some deer (and a rabbit), would have been in Part 11: Pathway Home. Didn't show because I retook the screenshot in a different spot that looked better.

U-9.thumb.png.f617e3b28883fcec2292a63207676735.png

Next is the entrance to the dam. Would have been in Part 11: Pathway Home. Didn't show because it would have ruined the screenshot:text ratio.

U-10.thumb.png.1c6f573d3d05437771bc2faa06a5b628.png

Last one for now is a screenshot of me pointing towards Timberwolf Mountain while on Signal Hill supposedly. Would have shown up in Part 12: One Last Mystery. Didn't show it because it was suppose to be me pointing towards where the bunker was, but I was pointed the wrong way... Oops.

U-11.thumb.png.763f8e5bad9513636398aded0228bc4f.png

Scraped story bits and the last few cut screenshot:

Time to go over a couple story ideas that I had along with the screenshots that went with them.

First one was an alternative ending to Part 5: Ruined Tower. As you might know if you read part 5, the part was about me climbing up the tower hill to discover that it was broken. Originally however I was going to "Pretend" that the tower was still standing and go up it. After going inside the storm would have started and cause the tower to fall over while I was still inside. The next part would pick up with me lying in the snow nearly dead with the collapse tower around me, and the part would have been about me stumbling back to the cabin office and patching myself up the best I could. I decided to scrap this part because it felt like something out of a cheesy action movie. Also because I feared that someone would come out and say "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo... you did NOT in fact climb up that tower as it is broken and has been that way FOREVER now. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and can't keep up with current game data. Please stop it with this blatant misinformed story of yours" and that is not something that I felt dealing with at the time.

Anyways here is the screenshot I would have shown in that scraped part it was a picture of inside the standing tower during the storm before "It fell"

U-2.thumb.png.cb4f417834eac24af436cfd2e27cf4e6.png

The second scraped story bit was a scraped Part 7  called "A Rough Night". It would have been about me walking back to the Cabin Office from Trappers Homestead at night with a semi healed sprained ankle. I decided to scrap the part since it would have been hard to take screenshots during the night witch are a staple of my stories. Here is the one screenshot that I did take, it's me in-front Trappers Homstead, as you can see, well...You can't see.

U-4.thumb.png.63855a2e75113e63dee975cadb895a7b.png

Easter Eggs

Time to mention some easter eggs that I made through the series

* The combination to the safe in part 2 is the date Among Wolves first part was released dd-mm-yy.

*At the start of part 5 I mention "sleeping at the side of cliff". A reference to part 17 of Among Wolves where I "Accidentally" fell asleep on a cliff.

*Probably the most obvious one, in part 10 I talk about "some crazy lunatic" and his fight against a "demon bear". This is a reference to the story Jeremiah tells you in Episode 2 of Wintermute about Spence and his fight with a supposed "demon bear"

*Last one is more of an inside joke that only I find funny. At the end of the final part I take a crate of summit soda, this is an on going joke that I have where I have this obsession with the beverage

Special Thanks

Lastly I want to give a big thanks to those leaving kind words on both Among Wolves and Within The Storm, You all know who you are. I'm sorry if I don't respond directly to you at times, it's not that I don't appreciate you, I really do. It's just that I don't want to flood my story threads with giving thanks too much. Anyways that's all for Within The Storm, see you all next time, and please stay out of the Muskeg.

• Upvote 4

Awesome job.if only there was an open world where everyone can find a spot to live and Talk to each other. Kinda like the sims but it's the long dark