Items not returned from Jeremiah

Brittany

When I went to the bear’s cave, my inventory was severely limited, which was fine for the purposes of that quest. But when I got back to Jeremiah’s cabin and then got kicked out, I had nothing more than that, despite the fact that I had tons of supplies stashed away in his cabin (and a lot of good supplies were on my character when I was originally attacked). I received a notification that the things in his cabin were returned to me, but none of it was. I see other users commenting that their characters were overencumbered with gear after leaving his cabin, but I am left outside with 11 lbs of gear total! 

17 hours ago, Brittany said:

When I went to the bear’s cave, my inventory was severely limited, which was fine for the purposes of that quest. But when I got back to Jeremiah’s cabin and then got kicked out, I had nothing more than that, despite the fact that I had tons of supplies stashed away in his cabin (and a lot of good supplies were on my character when I was originally attacked). I received a notification that the things in his cabin were returned to me, but none of it was. I see other users commenting that their characters were overencumbered with gear after leaving his cabin, but I am left outside with 11 lbs of gear total! 

That does sound like a bug to me.  You can report this as a bug at https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us although keep in mind that you may not get a response for several days.  Otherwise, try reloading from a previous save.  And yes, you will probably have to fight the bear all over again.  If that idea doesn't appeal to you, in the endgame scenario you can try completing the side quest to locate Hank's Cache.  The supplies there should get you by for the final push through the Dam.

Thank you! I will report it as a bug. I have just made the best of it and taken it as an additional challenge to restore my supplies before going back to the dam. Hardest part was surviving just getting to shelter from Jeremiah’s cabin with no pants, haha. 

For anybody else who may be tracking this bug, I’ve noticed that it sort of resets my progress with everything except quests. It would say each location was new again, and items I previously found in say, the camp office, were present once again. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Brittany said:

I have just made the best of it and taken it as an additional challenge to restore my supplies before going back to the dam.

This is the best possible attitude one can have in this game.  "Deal with it, move on, do better," in a nutshell.  Bravo.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

This is the best possible attitude one can have in this game.  "Deal with it, move on, do better," in a nutshell.  Bravo.

Yes, that was the correct way of dealing with this. And it's not like crossing ML and exploring the dam needs much equipment, after all.

• Upvote 1