Stuttering Walking into the Wind is making me dizzy?

piddy3825

Is it just me???

Noticed with the last few updates that the wind resistance vibe/mechanic when walking against the wind, has created this stuttering effect on screen that is kinda making me nauseous and feels really clunky too boot.  My FPS indicator jumps between 35 and 58 when the wind blows, not sure what that is all about but maybe could be part of my problem.  Maybe it's the subtle flashy strobe light effect of the wind, but sometimes it gives me a headache especially when I got a long ways to walk and usually into a head wind.  

Anybody experiencing anything like this?  

Maybe related or maybe not but I get sound stuttering with a certain wind sound. I am working with support to try to fix it. Report it as a bug and maybe it will give a clue to the devs as to what is going on.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sito said:

Maybe related or maybe not but I get sound stuttering with a certain wind sound. I am working with support to try to fix it. Report it as a bug and maybe it will give a clue to the devs as to what is going on.

I am going to have to see if I notice an audible difference in my game play.  It could be that you are experiencing in audio form what I am encountering visually.  I suspect that this "buffering" or "choppy" effect is somehow connected.  i wonder if it has anything to do with the actual hardware in my system.  Not sure if a driver update or change could solve these problems but then again all my other gaming programs don't behave this way...

4 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

not exactly practical all the time however!

Very true... but so far in this run I've been focusing on moving very deliberately.  There has only been a couple of times so far where I've been forced to move out of necessity.  However I will admit I didn't take such a wise course in this last trip up Timber Wolf Mountain. 

Speaking to the topic though, so far I've not been experiencing any stuttering effect... even thought perhaps it's no the best... I seem to be able to maintain an average of about 65-70 FPS, so things always seem pretty smooth (even when trudging against a headwind).

Edited by ManicManiac

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I seem to be able to maintain an average of about 65-70 FPS, so things always seem pretty smooth (even when trudging against a headwind).

nice, what video card are you running?

Edited by piddy3825
spelling correction

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@piddy3825
I'm running with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
(nothing too fancy I guess... I think it's maybe mid-range?  I'm not sure, I have fallen behind on hardware specs these days)

better than mine... I got the next step down the 960.  Your is better, last time I looked at Steam stats on system hardware,  the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, is in like 38% of all the machines based on subscription data.  I am probably due for an upgrade.  I've only been holding off on account most of the new stuff is VR ready and the down side is there's still a limited amount of good VR game programming.