My name is Achilles

Remnant73

I'm just curious. Is it me or ever since the update, my ankles have gotten weaker and weaker. Is it because my character doesn't have access to the daily required  servings from the basic food groups to promote optimal health? Surely with 2 pairs of 100% climbing socks and fully laced up combat  boots, my well fed bonus, and good night rest, I  should be able to walk up, down, or across a 45 degree hill without plummeting to near death and massive ligature tears....I'm just saying.

• Upvote 1

@Remnant73
All in all the system is much better that it was before.  You do have to use the feed back that game gives you, and change the way we traverse terrain in order to benefit from the adjustments.  Nowadays, if you traverse the areas the game thinks are hazardous you run the risk of injury for doing so.  :) 

I don't think there is anything wrong with this gameplay choice on the part of the Hinterland team. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remnant73 said:

I  should be able to walk up, down, or across a 45 degree hill without plummeting to near death and massive ligature tears....I'm just saying.

Try walking on a 45 degree surface sometime.  Now cover that surface with a foot and a half of snow, so that you can't see what you're actually stepping on.  And now bundle up with two layers of clothes.  And now carry 45kg of junk on your back.

I think the system is pretty generous, tbh!

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:
2 hours ago, Remnant73 said:

I  should be able to walk up, down, or across a 45 degree hill without plummeting to near death and massive ligature tears....I'm just saying.

Try walking on a 45 degree surface sometime.  Now cover that surface with a foot and a half of snow, so that you can't see what you're actually stepping on.  And now bundle up with two layers of clothes.  And now carry 45kg of junk on your back.

I think the system is pretty generous, tbh!

Agreed. 45° angles are actually pretty uncomfortably steep. In architecture and construction, the "safest and most comfortable angle" for the rise on stairs is considered to be between 30°-32°. (My son drilled this into my head during his last few years of college, where he is double majoring in Architecture and Building Engineering...).angles.jpg.6d0a3c4990ad62af0cff96be935961c0.jpg

Even 30°, without handrails is steep, especially on a slippery, uneven surface.

I have to agree with @ajb1978.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Ok. Guys. Seriously.  And mean seriously. Should I have said. 10 degrees. 5...35? The point is, in my opinion since the update my character's ankles are weak. Weaker than before. I'm not changing my mind. @LkP thanks for having my back. The rest of you can cry me a river. 

Btw..The Lone Dark team...this game is great but y'all already know that. 😉