Skelegutplays

so how does the rifle shooting work now?

Is it still nearly impossible to hit anything with the rifle after the hotfixes? And i have been confused about what part of the rifle sight is the part where you will hit.

I too was having a difficult time in hitting anything after the recent updates.  After having posted a nearly identical question to yours, the various feed backs that I received prompted me to alter my style and since then I haven't missed at shot.  I have found that if your line up your target in the center of your monitors screen that your shot/hit percentage will immediately improve.  something about the projectile physics and the mechanics that somehow lead it to the center...  anyways, I started trying that out by skirting around until my line was sight was straight to the center of the screen with my target and also by getting as close as I could by crouch walking, not worrying about the time and whatnot and just bringing the aim up, lining up basically center of mass and pulling the trigger.  Don't always get an insta-kill, but usually inflicts a mortal would none the less.  Works so far with Deer and Wolves, haven't tried it on a Bear on account I don't wanna get mauled and I haven't seen a Moose yet.

14 hours ago, Skelegutplays said:

Is it still nearly impossible to hit anything with the rifle after the hotfixes? And i have been confused about what part of the rifle sight is the part where you will hit.

It's been working great for me..

I've been replaying Wintermute Redux and having just completed the Bear spear mission with several days spent in FM, I have had the opportunity to kill at least 15 wolves (between ML, FM and BR and several deer with the rifle.  While I'm only playing hardened survivor difficulty in Story mode - which might be easier than even stalker in survival mode - I have found that every bullet has gone precisely where I was aiming.  As piddy3825 mentions in his response, I also was instinctively placing the target in the center of the screen before bringing the rifle up to sight so all I had to do then was to make some minor adjustments while waiting for the sights to align...  I never missed, and only failed to kill instantly 3-4 times ( one deer, 2-3 wolves). 

14 hours ago, Skelegutplays said:

what part of the rifle sight is the part where you will hit.

The outer portions of the sight, the left and right posts, is located near where you load the bullets in.  The single, center post is out at the end of the barrel.  When the center post is situated exactly in the middle between both side posts and the tops of all three are all the same height, the bullet will go where the center of the top edge of the center post is.  If you "pull the shot" when clicking, and the center post rises up a little when pulling the trigger / clicking LMB, the bullet will go high.  If the center post dips low, the bullet will go low.  Just relax and remember to breath so you don't start getting adrenaline shakes or shaking from a lack of oxygen.