FrozenCorpse

Explorable cellars

There's all these houses with locked cellars.  I wish that would change someday.

Maybe HL could just make most of them locked doors and then put house keys in some of the cars and on frozen corpses.. Sometimes there might be some identifying clue on the person or vehicle that hinted to the location of the house that the keys belong to, sometimes the face of the corpse might resemble  a figure in a picture frame in the house.. Or it might just be that, once a player has accumulated a number of these sets of house keys, they could simply revisit houses whenever they pass through and pop in to check and see if any of their keys fit the cellar door...  Normally, I try to set my loot to a stalker selection (chance for everything), but I turn the other settings down as far as they'll go so I get as few actual loot spawns as possible.

Even having continuously low loot spawn rates, I really get a thrill when I find a well-stocked prepper cache but it's such a  rarity.  Also, it's so risky to be climbing high into the hills looking for hatches with the threat for sprains being what it is.  These cellars could serve as prepper caches in a way.  Filled with goodies, maybe even too much loot, forcing the player to leave most of it behind... Just spitballing an idea...

No - for the same reason I dislike the keys to locked cars suggestion earlier.  Much simpler to just allow the player to use a prybar on anything HL decides to lock - lockers, car trunks, car doors, cellar doors - it shouldn't matter.  If the PC is willing and able to B&E using a prybar on one of them, he/she would certainly use the same tool on all and not bother hunting around for keys.  I'd like to see them change over Paradise Meadows Farm to allow for a prybar opening it since it's so far the only location that bothers with a key hunt.

A larger variety of different photos inside homes would be nice, since it would make each home seem more unique.  There are a few different open cellars on the map already.  Whether or not they open up more makes little difference to me... it's just more loot sites to check.  The more recent map areas have moved away from having numerous houses and the ones that do already have ample loot sites, IMO.

I would use keys for second version of safebox, with no turret, but keyhole. They cannot be forced to open and key is logic thing. Rest of locked things except turret safebox is for prybars.

@Moll
You know now that you mention it... if we have a hatchet or even heavy hammer... then you'd think there would be no house we wouldn't be able to enter one way or another :D 

(I'm not really being serious about that... I'm just saying...)