Isn't this the greatest feeling?

hozz1235

Can't beat the light, warmth and sound of a fire when a savage blizzard rages outside!

Make sure your volume is up high enough

Close.  The greatest feeling is doing it outside where you can watch the snow.  Stone Church in DP is my preference.

1 hour ago, Lurve said:

Close.  The greatest feeling is doing it outside where you can watch the snow.  Stone Church in DP is my preference.

I'd go for one of the two lookout towers myself. The Mystery Lake one is more homely than the Coastal Highway one, so maybe that one wins.

But then again, they don't have open fires, and there's something to be said for staring into the flames to make you feel cosier during a storm.

Perhaps the Mountaineer's Hut with the door open, then? Problem with that for me is I've died in or near that blasted place so many times before that I can't ever really feel comfortable there. I can't relax and enjoy the fire because I'm always thinking, "Do I have enough fuel for tonight? Do I have enough fuel for tomorrow? How long is this blizzard going to last? Am I going to run out of food before I run out of fuel? Where do I get food from without freezing to death? Where can I find more matches? Why am I even staying here, when I could just run back to Pleasant Valley and live a nice comfortable Farmhouse?"

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to be another thing the TLD team got right - no one spot is quite perfect. I agree with much said above. You want to be able to have that fire out of the wind while watching the snow fall but you also want the security of a bed that's always hypothermia free. Both the look outs are a bit of a pain to venture in and out from. The Church is great but its in DP (maybe I need to cut DP some slack) and I feel just like @Pillock does about the TWM hut (but some players swear by it).

The greatest feeling for me is the flight to safety before the coming storm. It might even be the moment those first few innocent flakes appear in the air.