Own wish list

Bergmann

Add the ability, when every time if you change clothes, you change a first-person view also! For example, changing the character of a glove or jacket, changing the type of holding a weapon, knife, etc.

Add the ability to build something new, shelters (on the surface) or a small house.

Add the ability to cut fresh trees.

Add new threats. Varieties of bears, wolves, elks, in each location should be completely different from previous ones. Each location must have its own behavior for animals. Not like the rest.

Add a new animal, such as birds. Let it be possible to eat their meat.

Add the ability to carry things, let the bag hold more KG. Or you need to add a wooden sled.

MANDATORY, add the ability to automatically get out of sleep, with the risk of frostbite or hypothermia. (all the time I died only for this reason)

Guest kristaok
On 6/6/2019 at 12:22 PM, Bergmann said:

Add the ability, when every time if you change clothes, you change a first-person view also! For example, changing the character of a glove or jacket, changing the type of holding a weapon, knife, etc.

You mean every time you change Clothes you want to see it actually happen on your Character? With the limitations of TLD I don't think this will ever happen. 

Add the ability to build something new, shelters (on the surface) or a small house.

I would love to see the option to build an Igloo or Tipee type Structure, but I don't see the need for a House since we already have those in most areas.

Add the ability to cut fresh trees.

Even though there is plenty enough Wood to gather out there it seems, I agree it would be more realistic to be able to cut Trees, but I also think this will never happen.

Add new threats. Varieties of bears, wolves, elks, in each location should be completely different from previous ones. Each location must have its own behavior for animals. Not like the rest.

Add a new animal, such as birds. Let it be possible to eat their meat.

I have definitely been wanting more Wildlife for a VERY long time now, I have also been wanting to be able to Hunt / Eat some Bird Meat.

Add the ability to carry things, let the bag hold more KG. Or you need to add a wooden sled.

I think being able to Craft a Wooden Sled would be more realistic than the Backpack being able to hold more, so I vote Sled.

MANDATORY, add the ability to automatically get out of sleep, with the risk of frostbite or hypothermia. (all the time I died only for this reason)

You can already make a Custom Game to where you automatically wake up if you are Freezing to Death.

Edited by kristaok

All of these are either already in the game, or wouldn't contribute enough to the game to be worth the development costs.

With the exception of new wildlife, anyway.  I think birds and cougars are the two most commonly wished for wildlife, because they would each have their own unique behaviors.

Birds: Wild turkeys or something would go down with one hit from anything, and can be stunned with stones like rabbits.  They would have a smaller profile, somewhere between rabbits and wolves. If you spook them, they fly away.  A successful kill would be a source of both meat and feathers.  This would be a great reason to add a shepherd's sling or bola to the game.  And perhaps arrows crafted from turkey feathers fly farther or straighter or something.  Like an upgrade to the bow.

Cougars: I envision them as behaving kind of like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.  They should be as rare as moose, but extremely dangerous.  If you enter their detection radius, they immediately start stalking you without a warning growl.  If you look at them, they freeze and hold their ground.  If you look away, they charge again.  And like wolves, if you aim a weapon or get too close, they roar and move in for the kill, but faster and zig-zagging erratically.

• Like 1

they should 100% add these lil dudes to the game. they can encircle and sacrifice you. chase u with lil spears idk 

edit: and when they are nearby the avengers theme plays

also, why is this video so well made?

Edited by cranny
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, kristaok said:

You mean every time you change Clothes you want to see it actually happen on your Character? With the limitations of TLD I don't think this will ever happen. 

I would love to see the option to build an Igloo or Tipee type Structure, but I don't see the need for a House since we already have those in most areas.

Even though there is plenty enough Wood to gather out there it seems, I agree it would be more realistic to be able to cut Trees, but I also think this will never happen.

I have definitely been wanting more Wildlife for a VERY long time now, I have also been wanting to be able to Hunt / Eat some Bird Meat.

I think being able to Craft a Wooden Sled would be more realistic than the Backpack being able to hold more, so I vote Sled.

You can already make a Custom Game to where you automatically wake up if you are Freezing to Death.

>You mean every time you change Clothes you want to see it actually happen on your Character? With the limitations of TLD I don't think this will ever happen. 

yes, new view on arm, when you hold weapons

>Igloo or Tipee type Structure

what is this?

Guest kristaok
3 minutes ago, Bergmann said:

>You mean every time you change Clothes you want to see it actually happen on your Character? With the limitations of TLD I don't think this will ever happen. 

yes, new view on arm, when you hold weapons

>Igloo or Tipee type Structure

what is this?

I don't think that will ever happen...

an Igloo is a blocky looking Snow Shelter, and a Tipee is a Triangular looking Hut like Shelter made from Leather or Cloth.

Edited by kristaok

On 6/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, cranny said:

they should 100% add these lil dudes to the game. they can encircle and sacrifice you. chase u with lil spears idk 

edit: and when they are nearby the avengers theme plays

also, why is this video so well made?

LMAO

3 minutes ago, kristaok said:

I don't think that will ever happen...

an Igloo is a blocky looking Snow Shelter, and a Tipee is a Triangular looking Hut like Shelter made from Leather or Cloth.

humm, that's good idea 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Bergmann said:

Well that's the most dangerous thing about hypothermia... you can fall asleep and never wake up again.  So, I say we keep this as is... I would argue that it's important for it to stay as it is.

The game is all about player choice... and facing the consequences for our choices.  Also, part of this game is careful and deliberate action... for example if we don't do what we need to ensure we are going to be warm through the night, then if we succumb to the cold and freeze to death in our sleep... that's a perfectly fair consequence of our decisions. :) 

Just like if we get jumped by a predator when we are harvesting something...  then that's ultimately our fault for not checking the area to make sure it was clear to start in the first place.  :D 

Edited by ManicManiac

Guest kristaok
3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Well that's the most dangerous thing about hypothermia... you can fall asleep and never wake up again. 

Yea that's true... I been studying Mount Everest deaths and stuff lately, and sadly a lot of the people who've died just literally fell asleep and never woke up... It quite sad really...

And one of the most thing, when you work on a workbench, a bear or a wolf are passing by, the character must stop working in order to reach the shelter. Otherwise, it turns out that the character works, and bears and wolves run alongside. it is not real.

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Well that's the most dangerous thing about hypothermia... you can fall asleep and never wake up again.  So, I say we keep this as is... I would argue that it's important for it to stay as it is.

The game is all about player choice... and facing the consequences for our choices.  Also, part of this game is careful and deliberate action... for example if we don't do what we need to ensure we are going to be warm through the night, then if we succumb to the cold and freeze to death in our sleep... that's a perfectly fair consequence of our decisions. :) 

Just like if we get jumped by a predator when we are harvesting something...  then that's ultimately our fault for not checking the area to make sure it was clear to start in the first place.  :D 

no, developers want to bring the game before reality for the maximum, so, then anybody else, when he or she sleep on the cold, they necessarily wake up 100%, at this game, character must wake up, at least when he has 10% of health, 

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, Bergmann said:

no, developers want to bring the game before reality for the maximum, so, then anybody else, when he or she sleep on the cold, they necessarily wake up 100%, at this game, character must wake up, at least when he has 10% of health, 

This post is a little bit confusing...

2 hours ago, Bergmann said:

Reality is, vicitims of hypothermia do not *always* wake up when they become hypothermic. Years ago, as a medic, in a part of the US where we regularly have/had Winter temps of 0°-20°F (well below freezing), we would respond with police and fire to "Welfare Checks", on people not heard from in days, or people seen laying on benches, or on the ground outdoors. And find them dead, in a state that indicated they went to sleep, and never woke up, under blankets or tarps, curled up in a fetal position often, with no sign that they had woken up and struggled to get up and get warm. It actually is realistic for people to go to sleep, become too cold for their brain to continue properly distributing and using glucose stores in the body, and regulate body temperature, breathing and hearbeat.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/frostbite_and_hypothermia_symptoms_and_stages/article_em.htm#what_are_the_signs_and_symptoms_of_hypothermia

3 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Reality is, vicitims of hypothermia do not *always* wake up when they become hypothermic. Years ago, as a medic, in a part of the US where we regularly have/had Winter temps of 0°-20°F (well below freezing), we would respond with police and fire to "Welfare Checks", on people not heard from in days, or people seen laying on benches, or on the ground outdoors. And find them dead, in a state that indicated they went to sleep, and never woke up, under blankets or tarps, curled up in a fetal position often, with no sign that they had woken up and struggled to get up and get warm. It actually is realistic for people to go to sleep, become too cold for their brain to continue properly distributing and using glucose stores in the body, and regulate body temperature, breathing and hearbeat.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/frostbite_and_hypothermia_symptoms_and_stages/article_em.htm#what_are_the_signs_and_symptoms_of_hypothermia

okay, that's interesting...