Old dead bodies

oplli

i think it should be awesome if every time we die the game save the location and we have a chance to find it in other saves (we whould not be able to recover our items)

and another thing that i think is a good idea is to perpetuate the game ( new difficulty option ) if we choose this new difficulty, every containers that we searched in the previous save will be empty (if we taked everything ) this idea match a little bit with the previous idea and i think it will add another fun part to the game.

Honestly, having persistent "player" corpses could quickly become a nuisance and clutter up the game world.  Especially considering that death is the eventual end of all player runs (apart from those who abandon a run and delete the save I mean).  Could you imagine how it would be to get to a spot where you have died pretty routinely, only to have to see a dozen or more bodies laying around?

I'd have to say I like the game as is in this respect, with each run being a fresh "new world" to explore and try to survive in as long as I can.

Edited by ManicManiac

Idea #1... no? On Steam alone I have so many hours and *dead* saves... I would have piles of bodies all over the place, only there to remind me that I died before, with no added gameplay benefit.  With 3 times as many hours and saves on XBox One... I would not be able to walk the world at all, the bodies would be piled so deep. No, thanks, Don;t care for this.

Idea #2.. absolute NO. I play Stalker mostly. I search EVERYTHING. Meaning my next game would be beyond Interloper loot-level bare. Nupe.
If I wanted to start naked, find nothing, and die naked with nothing, I would play Interloper or Deadman's Challenge only. I don't. I like my loot, thanks. :)

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, oplli said:

i think it should be awesome if every time we die the game save the location and we have a chance to find it in other saves (we whould not be able to recover our items)

This is a terrible idea for a few reasons... 1. I am pretty sure even on Sandbox Mode we play as either Will or Astrid, so dying and then coming back and seeing your own Corpse would be awkward to say the least. 2. Having multiple Corpses laying around would probably more than likely cause Save bloat for quite a few people, especially those who aren't playing on newer PC's. 3. It wouldn't really make sense anyway considering once you die in Sandbox Mode that's it, you have to start a fresh new Save. 

1 hour ago, oplli said:

and another thing that i think is a good idea is to perpetuate the game ( new difficulty option ) if we choose this new difficulty, every containers that we searched in the previous save will be empty (if we taked everything ) this idea match a little bit with the previous idea and i think it will add another fun part to the game.

No this definitely would not make the Game fun, this is another terrible idea. I also don't think this idea could ever work since when you die again you have to start a fresh new Save, so there's no way that all of this would carry over into the new Save. 

--

So with all of this being said... I am sorry but it's a hard NO from me. 

57 minutes ago, kristaok said:

No this definitely would not make the Game fun, this is another terrible idea. I also don't think this idea could ever work since when you die again you have to start a fresh new Save, so there's no way that all of this would carry over into the new Save. 

--

So with all of this being said... I am sorry but it's a hard NO from me. 

this should be a optional mode

1 hour ago, oplli said:

this should be a optional mode

Again, I'd have to say I disagree (for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post).  In addition, I imagine that what you propose would require a lot of alteration to how the game is constructed and behaves... which I would also imagine would make implementation both difficult and unlikely (especially considering you also propose it as an optional feature - as they say, it doesn't seem like the juice would be worth the squeeze).

Thank you for the idea, but it's an idea I just can't get behind.  :) 

Edited by ManicManiac