Most Interesting NPC

Guest Kane Parry

Most Interesting NPC  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest kristaok

Methuselah, for a few reasons... but I think he is somehow either connected to Will or is Will. The name Methuselah means "Man of the Spear" or "When he is dead, it shall be sent". And we see that only Will was able to take down the Bear with the Bear Spear. 

I think, Jeremiah is by far the most interesting to me.  We know he's a real person like Will (as opposed to Methuselah who seems more mystic - maybe even like a Grigori of some kind)... there is a deeper and fascinating back story hinted at.  Of all the characters, this is the one I want to know more about.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Seems pretty obvious that Jeremiah hides something (even was said he can be an ex-military man) and he intrigues me a lot... but I vote for Methuselah as more interesting NPC. Starting for his name and continuing by the fact that he appears in all places with his premonitory words... makes me think he isn't a 'human'? I feel he is one of the keys to understand the Quiet Apocalypse.

I'm with Methuselah as well. He is an enigma, for sure. While the others have secrets and back stories I would like to know more about, they seem to be "regular" humans. Methuselah has an "other-worldly" feel to him, like a messenger from the great beyond. he fascinates me, and I hope he appears in the last 3 Episodes, until his true identity becomes clearer. maybe not completely clear, but clearer. 

Guest Kane Parry
7 hours ago, kristaok said:

Methuselah, for a few reasons... but I think he is somehow either connected to Will or is Will. The name Methuselah means "Man of the Spear" or "When he is dead, it shall be sent". And we see that only Will was able to take down the Bear with the Bear Spear. 

Agreed :) and so far only will has seen him be really interesting to see if Astrid bumps into him as well 

Guest Kane Parry
17 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I'm with Methuselah as well. He is an enigma, for sure. While the others have secrets and back stories I would like to know more about, they seem to be "regular" humans. Methuselah has an "other-worldly" feel to him, like a messenger from the great beyond. he fascinates me, and I hope he appears in the last 3 Episodes, until his true identity becomes clearer. maybe not completely clear, but clearer. 

I agree he does and I actually hope they don't tell us everything about him as sometimes it is fun to wonder about things :) but I really do want to know more 

Guest Kane Parry
3 hours ago, LilWolf said:

Seems pretty obvious that Jeremiah hides something (even was said he can be an ex-military man) and he intrigues me a lot... but I vote for Methuselah as more interesting NPC. Starting for his name and continuing by the fact that he appears in all places with his premonitory words... makes me think he isn't a 'human'? I feel he is one of the keys to understand the Quiet Apocalypse.

And he always is where Will needs to go and he comments on things what happen during the story 

Guest Kane Parry
3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I think, Jeremiah is by far the most interesting to me.  We know he's a real person like Will (as opposed to Methuselah who seems more mystic - maybe even like a Grigori of some kind)... there is a deeper and fascinating back story hinted at.  Of all the characters, this is the one I want to know more about.

Same here I do really want to know more about Methuselah but like I have said on a different topic I made I want to know much more about Jeremiah as he seems not to be telling us everything he knows

Guest kristaok
4 hours ago, Kane Parry said:

Agreed :) and so far only will has seen him be really interesting to see if Astrid bumps into him as well 

Me too, but I have a feeling she won't ... we shall see! :D 

Methuselah would be my choice but too bad Hobbs was left out.

This character left an impact on most of the player base.  He was set up to be a moral choice for the player.  We only have a brief time to interact and learn about this character although that interaction is discussed at great lengths.

Hobbs certainly has the garnered the highest emotional reaction from the player base.  This character made us feel either empathy to quickly put him out of suffering or anger to let the suffering continue because of his perceived actions concerning the school.

• Like 1

Guest Kane Parry
3 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

This character left an impact on most of the player base.  He was set up to be a moral choice for the player.  We only have a brief time to interact and learn about this character although that interaction is discussed at great lengths.

Hobbs certainly has the garnered the highest emotional reaction from the player base.  This character made us feel either empathy to quickly put him out of suffering or anger to let the suffering continue because of his perceived actions concerning the school.

Damn :/ I totally forgot about him 

3 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

I had to quit and restart that phase because I couldn't live with my original choice to kill him. Definitely Hobbs.

Oh Hobbs, that little rascal... :D 

I know that pulling the knife, is setup as the act of mercy... but honestly the blade in place was probably the only reason he was alive so for long (considering where he got stuck).  After pulling it, the blood will likely start filling his abdominal cavity... he will either bleed out or if it pierced his intestines (maybe his liver?), well he will likely go into sepsis very soon...

Anyways, the point is I left him with no food, water, or medical supplies.  Pulling that knife with no medical help available most likely assures his agonizing death... From that perspective pushing the knife would have been the greater mercy, a quicker and far less painful end than the alternative I just described.

The only real difference being... his wounds killing him or you kill him and end his suffering.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

too bad Hobbs was left out.

I would agree with you that Hobbs had the greatest impact on players...but that wasn't a result of the character.  The character Hobbs is just a classic psychopath. An almost cartoonishly evil villain, whose only purpose is to present you with the chance to express mercy or wrath.  As a character, I found him rather disinteresting, regardless of the impact the knife scenario had on the player base.

Methuselah gets my vote.  Dude knows way too much, and is apparently clairvoyant on top of that.

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I would agree with you that Hobbs had the greatest impact on players...but that wasn't a result of the character.  The character Hobbs is just a classic psychopath. An almost cartoonishly evil villain, whose only purpose is to present you with the chance to express mercy or wrath.  As a character, I found him rather disinteresting, regardless of the impact the knife scenario had on the player base.

Methuselah gets my vote.  Dude knows way too much, and is apparently clairvoyant on top of that.

I have to agree, about Hobbs. The "moral choice" was there, but for me, it was "Does he die now, or while I sleep?". Gut wound... it isn't going to end well for him, either way. The moral choice felt a bit hollow, shallow, to me. Had there been more to it, like "do I give him medical attention, and use some of my precious bandages and antibiotics?", "did he speak anything to me that made me think he deserved a chance to live?", it may have felt more impactful. I don't know that Hobbs really had that great of an emotional impact on me, to be honest. Lily- Grey Mother's daughter, had more of an impact on me, and we never meet her. Her story, and the gravesite, stayed with me far longer. 

Methuselah still keeps my vote for the NPCs we do meet, and interact with. He just feels so important, and so much like a keystone of the entire story to me. And i am still hoping he turns out to be something entirely different than what I am expecting him to represent.

• Upvote 1

Before Redux characters such as Grey Mother and Jeremiah were probably even more interesting. Now Grey Mother has gone a bit too far on the nutty side, and Jeremiah's part was shortened a bit. The cut scene when he opened the trapdoor to access his not-sure-what equipment used to make him look much more important. Anyway, I think Jeremiah still gets my vote. Methuselah is a mystical looking strange guy, but having failed to mention there's an axe wielding freak in the dam he lost my esteem.

Hobbs... when he told his story I got more and more convinced he was an useless piece of filth and I made sure to put him out of his misery. Not to mention I didn't want him to get up and kill me in my sleep.

Edited by Doc Feral
  • Upvote 1

Methuselah gets my vote because I like his character BUT I would most definitely have put my vote down for Hobbs, had the choice been there. Methuselah is very interesting and really quite likable, with so much potential in so many ways. On the other hand, despite Hobbs being a fleeting NPC,  his character is by far the best voice acted. I look up the cutscene on YouTube probably weekly because I love how well done it is. So vote is for Methuselah in the sense that my vote is REALLY for Hobbs. 

Yeah I guess Methuselah is the popular vote, but not for me.  I just don't find the character all that intriguing because everything we really need to know about him is conveyed during our interactions in him.  I find the more apparently human characters more engaging and interesting... I mean yeah, Methuselah - mystical/magical presence or personal hallucination... the question of whether or not he is some form of spirit or watcher (Grigori as I mention in my previous post) is, in my opinion, an unimportant detail; thematically the character is easy to understand.

Jeremiah on the other hand is a real person (in the world that has been established) and has his own life, history, and story... based on the what was hinted at in our interactions with him point to story threads that I find much more intriguing and interesting.

Now in anticipation of counter points:  Yes, the same thing I said about Methuselah, can easily be said about Jeremiah as well (and vice versa); it's all about opinion, personal preference, and perspective... and this one is mine :) 

I'm only mentioning it because there is such a Methuselah bias expressed that I thought I would raise another point of for consideration. :coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1