Fell through the ground

hozz1235

I'm glad I periodically back up my saves....I was on my 1200+ day save and I exited a trailer in CH and immediately fell through the ground and died.  I lost about 40 minutes of play time but glad I had it!  I would recommend backing up to anyone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm glad I periodically back up my saves....I was on my 1200+ day save and I exited a trailer in CH and immediately fell through the ground and died.  I lost about 40 minutes of play time but glad I had it!  I would recommend backing up to anyone!

Which trailer?  My current Stalker game, around 350 days, is in CH so I could try and fall through the ground too.  I would back up my save first.  I have used the trailer above the garage many, many times without problem.   Not long ago I fell though the mountain above the tunnel in the wood-loading area which has a trailer.  Perhaps that is a buggy area.

Guest kristaok
2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Yes, all my games are modded but I seriously doubt it's related.  I've seen "vanilla" gamers who experience the same thing.

I was just saying because Mods can cause this exact same issue, that's why I brought it up. 

Was there like a ground-below-the-ground or something that you impacted?  Because I've fallen through the map on CH before and I just end up teleported to the Ravine transition after falling for maybe 5 seconds into the undersky.

Been ages since I feel through the ground in this game. I've had it happen at the QGS, the Carter Hydro Dam, and one or two other places I can't even remember now, it's been so long. (Pre- full release long even.). Only time I died was the one at carter. The others I just go struck, and save scumming brought me out safely. And yes, all vanilla games.

But there are some odd things happening with items floating above textures, or sinking below (like the arrows going below the snow and ice) since the 1.50 update. A specific location would help Hinterland try to reproduce the issue, in a vanilla game, though they may not, since you state you are using mods (and I am guessing you are not on the 1.53 update and are using a legacy version that the mods still work in?). Even if that is the case, an exact location, so they can see if it happens in the vanilla version of the game, since any mods you are using may not be causing the problem, there may be an actual problem location where the ground is broken.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:08 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Been ages since I feel through the ground in this game. I've had it happen at the QGS, the Carter Hydro Dam, and one or two other places I can't even remember now, it's been so long. (Pre- full release long even.). Only time I died was the one at carter. The others I just go struck, and save scumming brought me out safely. And yes, all vanilla games.

But there are some odd things happening with items floating above textures, or sinking below (like the arrows going below the snow and ice) since the 1.50 update. A specific location would help Hinterland try to reproduce the issue, in a vanilla game, though they may not, since you state you are using mods (and I am guessing you are not on the 1.53 update and are using a legacy version that the mods still work in?). Even if that is the case, an exact location, so they can see if it happens in the vanilla version of the game, since any mods you are using may not be causing the problem, there may be an actual problem location where the ground is broken.

I am on 1.53.  I did not open a support ticket because I am modded.  The purpose of my thread was just to encourage others to back up saves, just in case.

It was this trailer:

image.png.14819efd65208abf2b93065d92906514.png

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I am on 1.53.  I did not open a support ticket because I am modded.  The purpose of my thread was just to encourage others to back up saves, just in case.

It was this trailer:

image.png.14819efd65208abf2b93065d92906514.png

Good to know. That is one of my favorite places to make a mini-camp. Never fell through the ground there, yet. But I'll be a bit more cautious there from now on.

" That is one of my favorite places to make a mini-camp. "

I had forgotten about that trailer.  I never use it.  I like the nearby cabin which is surrounded by rabbits and occasional deer.  When passing that area I always pass by and often stay at the cabin.

1 hour ago, peteloud said:

" That is one of my favorite places to make a mini-camp. "

I had forgotten about that trailer.  I never use it.  I like the nearby cabin which is surrounded by rabbits and occasional deer.  When passing that area I always pass by and often stay at the cabin.

Me too.  I was just on one of my, "I'm pretty sure I've looted this trailer half a dozen times, but let me check one more time, just in case." :)