Store Question: mug

Sorry to bother you with this here, but I didn't see a way to ask this question at the store: Are the mugs you have for sale proper metal/ceramic camping mugs?

There is a big "DO NOT MICROWAVE" message on all the mugs, so that tells me there is some metal content... as proper camping cups are made of metal, then dipped in ceramic glaze and fired in a kiln. This would explain the (reasonably) high price. Still, camping is a rare treat for me, so is an "office" (re: microwavable) version of the Hinterland mug a possibility?

Perhaps a mug similar to the Survival First Aid mugs we see in game? Those seem to be made of clay... and clay is microwavable. Including current game content, you have at least 3 variants you could sell in the store! I see that I have asked too many questions. I will now STFU.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BlueMaxW said:

Sorry to bother you with this here, but I didn't see a way to ask this question at the store: Are the mugs you have for sale proper metal/ceramic camping mugs?

There is a big "DO NOT MICROWAVE" message on all the mugs, so that tells me there is some metal content... as proper camping cups are made of metal, then dipped in ceramic glaze and fired in a kiln. This would explain the (reasonably) high price. Still, camping is a rare treat for me, so is an "office" (re: microwavable) version of the Hinterland mug a possibility?

Perhaps a mug similar to the Survival First Aid mugs we see in game? Those seem to be made of clay... and clay is microwavable. Including current game content, you have at least 3 variants you could sell in the store! I see that I have asked too many questions. I will now STFU.

Ignoring my own directive - the mugs are by Emalco. They are  enamel mugs.

Their site (linked above) has more details on the creation and care for the mugs and uses but yes they are camping mugs. I have one (the Hinterland logo) and it’s quite nice I use it to make smaller cups of tea on the stove*.

* This takes a bit longer since the mug then needs to cool before touching it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...