Oh really...?

brianbloke

Guest kristaok
56 minutes ago, DerpyLemon115 said:

The sad thing is that the only reason the sign is there is because someone actually drank it at some point.

Oh gosh you are probably right 😮 

You know... the real sad part of any stupid sign, is not that one person did a particular stupid thing... it's that so many stupid people did a particular thing that it caused a legal department somewhere to deem a sign necessary due to the volume of idiots and a litigious culture. :D 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, ManicManiac said:

You know... the real sad part of any stupid sign, is not that one person did a particular stupid thing... it's that so many stupid people did a particular thing that it caused a legal department somewhere to deem a sign necessary due to the volume of idiots and a litigious culture. :D 

Why do you think to-go coffee cups say "Caution: Hot" on them??? Because some lady went through the McDonald's drive up and got a cup of coffee, which she then somehow spilled on herself while driving. She than sued the pants off of McDonald's and won! This was all in the 90s if I remember correctly... But I do remember how everyone thought it was ridiculous that she sued... And even more ridiculous that she won.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cattleman said:

Why do you think to-go coffee cups say "Caution: Hot" on them??? Because some lady went through the McDonald's drive up and got a cup of coffee, which she then somehow spilled on herself while driving. She than sued the pants off of McDonald's and won! This was all in the 90s if I remember correctly... But I do remember how everyone thought it was ridiculous that she sued... And even more ridiculous that she won.

Incidentally I think the realities of the case show that it probably isn't as frivolous as first appears, a lot of media of the time may have in fact helped create that idea. In reality a 79 year old lady (who wasn't driving at time, but was a passenger in a parked car at the McDonalds) got 3rd degree burns which required serious hospitialisation and surgery

from the wikipedia article about it: "Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent. She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9.1 kg) (nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her to 83 pounds (38 kg). After the hospital stay, Liebeck needed care for three weeks, which was provided by her daughter. Liebeck suffered permanent disfigurement after the incident and was partially disabled for two years."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

this link below is also good particularly at pointing out that McDonalds had knowingly known about the dangers of their coffee temperatures for more than 10 years

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

having said that... don't drink the toilet water ppl, unless you're in the quiet apocalypse and bang out of matches ;)

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 12:10 PM, hozz1235 said:

Only place I've seen this sign is at a park where they used "not fully treated" sewage water for the toilet.

Same. A park that uses "greywater" for the toilet flush. And where a good number of homeless or transient people live or hang out. 

Guest jeffpeng

1 hour ago, MrsValkyrieCat said:

This make me wonder if the water we "harvest" from toilets in game should be boiled before use.. or if Canada like Norway always have good water no matter were you use it...

We most certainly should. Even at low temperatures the amount of bacteria building up in still water that's exposed to air is staggering.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:48 PM, ManicManiac said:

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin