The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.53 [48567]

Admin

Hotfix_Thumbnail_Template_v1-2.thumb.jpg.8583072996b542332b0987521aeb9102.jpg

Hello, community,

To address an issue introduced to the game in yesterday’s v1.52 Hotfix we have hotfixed The Long Dark to v1.53 [48567].

If you still encounter issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio ).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

Note: As with v1.52 we are not sending this Hotfix to GOG as the issue addressed here only affects those who have updated to v1.52 and as we anticipate releasing an additional Hotfix to the issues currently under investigation below.

CHANGELIST v1.53 [48567]

KNOWN ISSUES CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION

* [Survival Mode] Arrows deflecting incorrectly off soft surfaces

* [Survival Mode] Arrows being pushed through ground in certain scenarios

* [Survival Mode] Arrows becoming stuck in the air after being fired

GENERAL FIXES

* Fixed issue where rapidly picking up items took longer than intended

###END OF RELEASE NOTES###

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Man I wish you guys worked in my IT department.  The general attitude towards bug fixes seems to be "wait six months then ask if it's still an issue.  If yes, wait six more months."

Sounds like they have a serious backlog issue!

@Admin, Thanks for the quick fix on that issue!

Anyone else's mag lens quit working with 1.53?  I'm outside, bright sunny day, no wind and not a cloud in the sky, tried to use the mag lens to light the fire barrel at Paradise Meadows, and it gave me 0% chance.  I figured heck, maybe they patched that out...gotta actually be OUTSIDE outside for it to work.  Makes sense to me.  Went to start a campfire outside in full view of the sun...still 0%.  Level 5 firestarting too.

Edit: Disregard.  4x time dilation, fog was rolling in.  It just had not yet become visually apparent yet.

Edited by ajb1978

The item pick-up delay is gone in a new game i just started. Working perfectly again. :)

@ajb1978- when I find a mag lens, I will test it. Day 1, spawned in on Bear Creek. So far, I only found a low condition hatchet.  And can hear wolves howling nearby. If I can get to ML, where I am pretty sure I can find one more easily, I will test, and see if the problem occurs on a new save. 

3 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

The item pick-up delay is gone in a new game i just started. Working perfectly again. :)

@ajb1978- when I find a mag lens, I will test it. Day 1, spawned in on Bear Creek. So far, I only found a low condition hatchet.  And can hear wolves howling nearby. If I can get to ML, where I am pretty sure I can find one more easily, I will test, and see if the problem occurs on a new save. 

Don't worry about it, it was my mistake.  The game had registered that fog was rolling in, but since weather doesn't happen with a snap of the fingers, my mag lens quit working well before the fog appeared.  The fact that I'm playing with 4x length of day exacerbated it.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else having issues with getting animals to bleed out with the bow?  My character has lvl 5 archery and normally I get a nice splatter and a blood trail on every hit but recently, I'm getting the splatter but no trail (e.g. I landed 2 solid hits on a bear (no arrow recovery) and no blood trail).

<edit>  And another 3rd shot on the same bear...this time right in the face...blood splatter and no trail!

<edit> 5th shot on same bear and finally got a blood trail....very odd.

Also had the "kerplunk" sound hitting wolves a couple times (as in a grazing blow).

Edited by hozz1235

10 hours ago, Koruandthistle said:

Since this hotfix I’m having a weird wolf issue. I shoot at one and hear the whimpering noise as usual but the wolf locks in place, then suddenly runs off. Heh. 

I have seen this, but I don't know if it's a bug...  I think it might be something representing the animal being stunned momentarily.  When you shoot a charging moose or bear with the revolver you also get a momentary pause as the charge is broken before they transition to fleeing.  Though maybe it's just not working right with the wolves for you, I have no way to know...  You might tag in the admin to see if that is something you should report to the support page or if it's intended behavior.  :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Blizzards! I didn't notice before with the 1.48 update because I was running through them in a panic to get back to base and I was more concerned with finding a revolver so I could shoot a wolf with it. 

Fast forward to 1.53 update and I am standing on the porch of TWM hut in a full blizzard raging outside and I am totally amazed at the quality of the snow effect raging around hut and me as I step out into it. So much better quality visual effects! Good on you Hinterland! 

Keep fixing the little bugs and ignore the rage quitters :)

On 5/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, Admin said:

Note: As with v1.52 we are not sending this Hotfix to GOG as the issue addressed here only affects those who have updated to v1.52 and as we anticipate releasing an additional Hotfix to the issues currently under investigation below.

Thank you for telling us that. Otherwise I'd have looked for the updates in GoG on an hourly basis which would have raised lots of frustration till now :)

For those who were experiencing some issue with blizzard sound when going outside and getting back inside, I can tell that on my side, the issue seems to have been fixed. The wind sound now carry on, although it still take like 3-4 seconds to trigger instead of being instantaneous like it used to be. But it is all good now! 😃

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic