Milton Tree Bridge

ajb1978

While making my way from the Mystery Lake transition cave back into Milton proper, the tree bridge just before that first rope climb down seems to be missing something.  When I got to the root end I was unable to walk up to the ledge with the rope like I could before.  I kind of phased through the snow texture, and ended up down sort of inside the log. This persisted after restarting the game, so I ended up just walking off the tree and eating the fall damage.

Has anyone else encountered this, or am I just "lucky"?

Edit: It occurs to me I encountered similar difficulty with the tree bridge in the Raven Falls Ravine, although after some shuffling left and right, I was eventually able to get up.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

I had a similar thing today on my deadmans challenge run in the Ravine. Almost got stuck but managed to wiggle my way up and past. Could've been devastating. Have you reported it as a bug or know if someone else has... otherwise I'll put one in.

Edited by DaveMcD

9 minutes ago, DaveMcD said:

I had a similar thing today on my deadmans challenge run in the Ravine. Almost got stuck but managed to wiggle my way up and past. Could've been devastating. Have you reported it as a bug or know if someone else has... otherwise I'll put one in.

I did report it last night, but if you're getting it as well by all means feel free to enter your own report.  As the old proverb goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil."

I had a problem with the log bridge on TWM (East side of map).  Going from north to south direction, I clip through the snow where the south end of the log meets the snow, and cannot complete the transition from the log to land on the south side.  I tried for quite awhile before I had to turn back.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Gazbeard said:

Same thing is happening in Wintermute Redux with the tree bridge in BRR at the mini ravine where the rockfall has blocked the rail tracks.

EDIT: Are you able to be more detailed about which tree this is? A screenshot or co-ordinates will help.

In the future, the best way to raise these issues is to file a Support Ticket at thelongdark.com/support and the team will be able to look into them immediately.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

the tree bridge in BRR at the mini ravine where the rockfall has blocked the rail tracks

As best as I can remember with over 200 in-game days spent in BRR ...

• There is only one rockfall blocking the rail tracks on that map
  • There is only one mini ravine with a tree bridge adjacent to that rockfall

The problem is at the tree roots end of the tree-bridge (the end closest to Forlorn Muskeg).