Sign in to follow this  
stratvox

Best video card

Personally, I think that if the textures are up to it this game would be amazing at 4K. OTOH, the price tag is not so amazing....

I'm currently running a 55" 1080p Sony Bravia... it's great. Still... getting a 4K monitor is down the priority list for me. Maybe this winter....

iirc 1080p is the most TLD is going at the moment, right?

17 hours ago, stratvox said:

I have done so... took me a while to get a video chopped down enough to be able to upload it to that page :). I think I uploaded that one a week or three back.

I have heard back from some of your folks on some of the bugs I've reported, but not this one; I'm hoping that it'll be at least investigated before the next release comes out.

I'm also unsure that's it's not driver related; I'm strongly considering laying hands on an AMD RX5700XT next week (gonna eat up all my points at my local retailer for that one) so I can tease out the extent to which it's game/engine driven vs. gpu/driver driven. My experiments with using Vulkan vs OpenGL on this nvidia card seem to indicate it may well be driver related; if I end up pulling the trigger next week I'll post here and let people know.

This is all linux-driven and as such I'm sure only affects a small subset of your players; probably smaller even then the hardcore interloper/deadman crowd. Still, as I really like this game and your studio and want to see it (and you!) do well and also try to help make linux gaming a viable alternative to Windows gaming I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone... I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this.

If you've already reached out to the team at thelongdark.com/support then that's the best course of action. They do get a large volume of tickets filed and so may not be immediate but we are best able to prioritize and deal with them that way. These forums are for more peer/player assistance with common issues.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Admin said:

If you've already reached out to the team at thelongdark.com/support then that's the best course of action. They do get a large volume of tickets filed and so may not be immediate but we are best able to prioritize and deal with them that way. These forums are for more peer/player assistance with common issues.

Aye, I understand, that's why I reported there first. On the gripping hand, I also know that it's the squeaky wheel wot gets the grease :).

1 hour ago, jeffpeng said:

iirc 1080p is the most TLD is going at the moment, right?

Yeah, I don't know. I don't have 4K capable hardware here so it's a little hard for me to know if it can do 4K or not. It'd be great if it did. I kind of suspect that at least in the backend it can (the hi-res screenshots are 7680x4320 which is significantly higher than 4K) but whether the hooks are in to deliver 1440p or 2160p to a monitor is a separate question. The hi-res screenshots certainly seem to show that it could be on the roadmap if it's not capable now... and a wee bit of googling shows people in the Steam forums talking about running at both 1440p and 4K, so I guess we're good if we want to examine the nose hairs in painful crystalline detail on the Old Bear.

Edited by stratvox
reasons