Stone Tools

Bolt

I'm a relatively new player but I'm enjoying the game immensely.

I Don't know if this has been suggested or addressed previously however have you thought of stone Tools created by flint napping?

You could create arrowhead, knives and hatchet's 

I would suggest those have a low % chance of breaking which would increase when the condition % is decreasing

I would also suggest that these items lose condition faster than normal items due to being made out of stone.

And lastly I believe that a new suitable type of stone can be added to the game that would need to be searched for.

As I say I am unsure if this has been suggested or discussed but I do believe this would be a useful addition to the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 12:18 AM, vta4ever said:

an improvised hand axe made from a rock that would help a bit chopping rocks and cutting things would be neat

My main point was for cutting meat and stone arrowheads.

I couldn't see a stone axe chopping rocks I assume you mean chopping wood

Even in interloper players have access to the forge and are able to make steel tools. Being able to make knapped stone tools would only add wallhangers into a game that already takes quite a bit of effort to develop.

There are a lot of layers that will make this impractical to implement. How will you find chert, obsidian, or glass in a world that is covered in snow? Are you going to need a kit made up of an assortment of knapping hammers and pressure flakers and how will you put it together? It's the 21st century, the chances of finding a knapping tool kit in someone's home is practically nil. And most importantly, how can this be made practical in a game where steel tools are abundant?

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2019 at 9:37 PM, shade_grey said:

Even in interloper players have access to the forge and are able to make steel tools. Being able to make knapped stone tools would only add wallhangers into a game that already takes quite a bit of effort to develop.

There are a lot of layers that will make this impractical to implement. How will you find chert, obsidian, or glass in a world that is covered in snow? Are you going to need a kit made up of an assortment of knapping hammers and pressure flakers and how will you put it together? It's the 21st century, the chances of finding a knapping tool kit in someone's home is practically nil. And most importantly, how can this be made practical in a game where steel tools are abundant?

I was suggesting this as a means until you found relevant items or could make it to a forge as they are located in only 2 zones.

A dedicated toolkit is not necessary as the knapping can be done with other stones this was done prior to any set civilisation. 

Stones of all kinds could be found in caves.