Sign in to follow this  
Argentex

Bear baits human

Posted (edited)

Shardul's 500 day Interloper challenge jeopardized by sneaky bear. 

Edited by Argentex
  • Upvote 5
  • Like 3

The bear shows up in the cave while he is cooking @ 3:02:42 no bear.   After the steak is cooked the bear can be seen on the floor @3:02:49.

The bear could have attacked but decided to bait em.

So, wait, what? I'm confused. Was it glitching or sleeping? Don't recall ever fucking with a sleeping bear so I can't remember what those look like.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:49 PM, LostRealist said:

So, wait, what? I'm confused. Was it glitching or sleeping? Don't recall ever fucking with a sleeping bear so I can't remember what those look like.

It was sleeping, the pose might not be strong enough to register. Bears dont die randomly. This might still be a bug because I thought they weren't supposed to sleep in occupied caves. 

On 5/25/2019 at 8:05 PM, GothSkunk said:

OH MY GOD THAT'S PRECIOUS!

I love how he just starts laughing while poor Astrid in the background screams bloody murder. Funny juxtaposition. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

It was sleeping, the pose might not be strong enough to register. Bears dont die randomly. This might still be a bug because I thought they weren't supposed to sleep in occupied caves. 

To me it looked like it might have bled to death right there until the game engine reconsidered for some reason. Either way, that's funky stuff.

Posted (edited)

Actually, what I think happened was this: when you kill a particular bear, some time later a new bear spawns into its cave. I think he happened to be there when it happened. I also think when a new bear spawns in it can be asleep if it's the time of day for it to be asleep; for example, when you step outside the door of your safe house, the entire region spawns in. If it's the middle of the night a bear will spawn into its cave and be asleep. Also, when the "respawn" timer hits zero the animal will spawn in, and I think it won't matter if it's a transition or not, it'll just do it... based on the fact that my long run guy's living in a cave in FM and the bear just appeared one day to replace the one I'd killed a couple of weeks before despite not doing any transitions from outdoors to indoors.

So, new bear spawns in because its respawn timer his zero, and then he poked it and it woke up and that's the point that the faeces interacted with the rotating air impeller. 

Edited by stratvox
tyop
  • Like 2