"Good Enough" map completion

ajb1978

I hate black smudges on my maps...  I will spend half a game day using up a dozen pieces of charcoal just to eliminate one little black smudge.  And that's more annoying than it is rewarding....but I just HATE black smudges!  Would it be possible to allow a "good enough" map to be instantly completed?  For instance, if you've exposed say 90% or more of the total map terrain, just open the rest of the map up.  Eliminate all the black smudges, expose the edges that we normally can't see, etc.  But only after you've already exposed basically everything there is to see.

Call it a quality-of-life enhancement.  Or a quality-of-my-sanity enhancement.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I will spend half a game day using up a dozen pieces of charcoal just to eliminate one little black smudge.

Yeah me too...  :D
So many otherwise avoidable sprains and so much spent fuel to get more charcoal.  Thank goodness for magnifying glasses.  Though, the damnable weather also often hampers my mapping compulsions.  Even worse, all that charcoal that gets wasted when one discovers that we weren't as close to that black smudge as we estimated...

Edited by ManicManiac

34 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

Like that old arcade game where you had to circle pictures, how was it called, Quix or something like that. There were many similar ones in following years.

Oh yeah, I remember that one!  Qix I think.  And we could never agree on if it was pronounced "quicks" or "kicks".

2 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

I've seen city-scale riots starting for much less.

Like canoe races.  We used to have annual riots every year after the coon creek canoe race... It made national news in 1991 after rioters flipped a cop car, opened the fuel tank, and set it on fire.

• Like 1