Fun custom settings for intermediate players

StrayCat

Hello all,

Like other players, I usually end up facing boredom in medium-late play, but have no fun in interloper-like deadly settings (or other deadman challenges, sleepwalk, etc). I prefer intermediate level settings, as I'm no astute interlopist. The last update gave me some ideas, and I have found a custom setting which is giving me very high satisfaction, so I had to share it here. The positive point is the possibility to ADAPT it to the level you want, it's only a concept. Hell, you can even set wildlife to passive, it can still be fun.

The main points are :
- few or very few animals,
- high probability of empty containers,
- few items out of containers
- hunger to whatever you want (at least medium),
- cold to whatever you want (the coldest the better),
- no health regeneration (at all, even during sleep). Important setting, do not overlook it.

I am currently having a fun and stimulating game. The main gameplay caracteristics are :
- few food + few animals + medium to high hunger -> I have to keep moving to find food. Staying in one base is no longer an good option.
- cold world + few animals -> hunting (most efficient way to get calories) becomes more of a challenge, as the cold will damage health.

The health issue can now be adressed with birch bark tea, making it a very valuable resource you will search for. However, as only a few condition points are gained with it, you will be extra cautious to the cold. But starving will force you to face the cold and venture outside to search for food, while the low resources will prevent you to have good enough clothes to face cold calmly. Any food becomes a excellent find. As you keep moving, you have to keep your inventory in check, and the well fed bonus becomes appreciated, but is hard to keep due to the difficulty to get food...

As you can see, everything runs in a circle and choices have to be made. For the intermediate player I am, these settings are really fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1