Pets!

Trilo

Been playing this game for a little over 4 years now, and I love it. But something's missing. . . I say pets would be a great idea! You Could find a wolf cub and grow him, and he would help you by hunting, bringing you sticks, or he would prevent other wolves from attacking you. Or you would unlock one by completing a challenge. The posibilities are infinite.

• Upvote 1

I think the real problem will be the trade-offs Hinterland would make to balance the value versus the costs of any animal companion and this does not take into account the animal AI that would be needed.  This would be akin to introducing a NPC that would work with the player. The cost to Hinterland would be great while the benefit with respect to the survival game (and it would have to be only survival mode, at least so far) would be minimal. 

In other side, some people will keep that pet as living can of food.

And one day, you will blast off your puppy with revolver.

Damn, this need an achievement.

Edited by Moll

Yeah, no thank you... I used to think it would be cool to be able to have an animal companion.  Then I considered not just how difficult it might be to implement that kind of thing, and about the lore itself.  Animal companions really wouldn't seem very feasible due to the Aurora's effects on wildlife... especially the carnivores. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

Yeah, no thank you... I used to think it would be cool to be able to have an animal companion.  Then I considered not just how difficult it might be to implement that kind of thing, and about the lore itself.  Animal companions really wouldn't seem very feasible due to the Aurora's effects on wildlife... especially the carnivores. 

Welcome to Great Bear Pet Sematary...

• Upvote 1