Custom setting for clothing decay

Sito

I'm talking about the clothing that I wear and not the general decay settings for items in the world.

I would like to be able set a high decay rate for clothing on a custom game so that I can use all that cloth in the world, burn through my repair kits, force me to craft guts into fishing line, use all my metal to make hooks, make me run back to PV or MT to get more cloth, and have something to do late game before starting over.

I am currently in a 300+ day run going for level 5 achievement on everything and mending skill is far behind everything else so I think a bit more balance on the need to mend would be good. Of course I could mend everything from 99% to 100 but that is not how I play. Seems silly. So I only mend when it is about 80% or less. In the same way I don't start a fire just to get more skill, or shoot a deer just to get rifle skill.

Anyway this post is for the Devs and not for the usual like or dislike arguments that the Big Opinions have, I know Hinterland reads everything here and will take everything in to account as to how they want the game to work.

Thanks Hinterland! Best game ever!

• Upvote 2

So, your end goal is to use up more cloth mending items?  If you wish to raise your mending skill, just mend every  clothing item you find, then harvest it (if you don't need it).  That's what I did.  Depending upon difficulty, you will likely still end up with an abundance of cloth.  Make improvised weapons and/or snow shelters - you'll burn through it eventually.