DerpyLemon115

Least Favorite Region

What is your least favorite region in the game?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sort of a sequel to a topic I made roughly a month ago about favorite regions, this time it's the other side of the coin however. What is your least favorite region? Like before leave your reasoning as a reply if your would like.

Least favorite region ? Forlorn Muskeg, I think it's pretty obvious... :P 

I haven't seen all of the regions, but so far I haven't disliked any. The ice break mechanic(which is think is different now from when I last played?) is a little weak but it is a more unique area and so I like it just fine.

Maybe mountain town with the non stop wolf slaughter? At least that was the case a few months ago.

You know I thought I'd vote Mountain Town. However, the adventure of getting in and out of that death trap makes the game better. Emerging from it is life affirming. Desolation Point however is the arse end of nowhere with arse hold wolves so ...arse to it. Don't go knocking FM. It's a magical place...

I wanted to participate, but honestly... I couldn't choose.  :)
Silly I know, but I honestly really enjoy what each region has to offer both in rewards and adversities.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty well known for telling people "I hate Forlorn Muskeg, and it hates me right back.". Beautiful region, but it kills me too often for me to like it, even if I know I should. And I can't name a connector. Crumbling Highway can be tricky, but I've learned to get through it unscathed playing Stalker. Now, if the ice there was all Weak-Polar-Bear-Plunge-Ice, I might not feel the same about it. 

Posted (edited)

Pleasant Valley sucks.  I think whoever named it doesn't understand what the word "Pleasant" means.  I think they were searching for "nonstop blizzards and dense fog" but Google Translate gave them "pleasant" for some reason.  Seriously, just try to map it sometime.  Or try to collect all the buffer memories.  The amount of crap weather that region gets, it takes a disproportionately long amount of time to complete your objective.  Once I'm done with it, it's a transition zone and nothing more.  Edit: It does have great cooking potential, I will admit that.  But not any better than Paradise Meadows.  6 on the indoor stove, 2 on the indoor fireplace, 2 on the fire barrel outside.

And the Crumbling Highway is just a deathtrap of blind corners and poor eating.  The only thing it has going for it is beachcombing, but that's certainly not a reason to stick around any length of time.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

FM because of all the thin ice & wolves.  Just...boring to look at too.

Posted (edited)

FM use to be my least favorite region, but as I explored it more, found the safe paths on the ice and when it got that connection to MT, BR became my new least favorite region. Mostly because there is only one path out of the region and it is narrow and always has wolves. I usually take one trip out to there and loot the Garage and Hunting Lodge then never come back.

Edited by XaldinVii

Posted (edited)

Mountain Town is my least favorite, I don't even know why. Maybe because it is such a pain to leave, maybe I spent too much time there in both versions of Storymode then a sandbox....

I LOVE FM and think it is one of the most beautiful and intriguing maps in the game.  It is easy to get around once you know how.
Pleasant Valley is gorgeous but nothing else about it is pleasant, LOL! But I still like it. Even though it totally sucks.

Edited by stapeliad
  • Upvote 1

For the sheer amount of time I spend in coastal highway, I've now come to hate it. Seem to end up in Quonset garage in every long run and it's just become stale to me. The other maps hold so much more mystery still and dont have huge packs of wolves everywhere I want to be.

Coastal highway.

No caves there.

I love caves.

I just really do.

• Upvote 1

Hushed River Valley.

I still get lost.  Too many climbs.  And bears.  I hate bears.

Pleasant vally has not been kind to me.. first time I walked out the cave, just a few moments and a bear killed me.. oki next time I ventured over there I got lost in a blizzard and died from hypothermia. Fell of a cliff in another blizzard. And then I got stuck behind a stone.. so had to reload. In general its the area that has killed me the most. Do I hate it.. no.. I just tend to avoid it.. 

• Upvote 1

Pleasant Valley. Theoretically a cool region with cool elevation, a nice mix of secret caves and buildings, both burned out and habitable.

In practice it's a blizzard every other day, it's too cold to explore anything, or too foggy, and all the high ledges and snow banks make it almost impossible to avoid hostile wild life.

voted Hushed River Valley - but only because I was not brave enough to visit it with my "main" char to learn the map yet. :rabbit:

The places I do not like are transition caves. However, I found a way to deal with them and placed signs made of sticks to avoid getting lost. As long as you get lantern fuel from cooking fish everything is fine! :lantern:

On 5/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, LilWolf said:

Least favorite region ? Forlorn Muskeg, I think it's pretty obvious... :P 

Why the hate for the Keg? I love that place.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, hozz1235 said:

FM because of all the thin ice & wolves.  Just...boring to look at too.

It has the most beautiful night stars.

1 hour ago, Gooner77 said:

FM = Frozen Hellscape of Doom, Death and Frostbite? Maybe? 

*likes my character to have intact, functional earlobes, nose, fingers and toes, more than I like to look at the stars there...* :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gooner77 said:

The reason I hate it is because it's very dull. It's almost completely flat and has no interesting places to explore.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gooner77 said:

No shelters (or good ones), few resources, many wolves, a bear too, ice that breaks... whenever I pass through FM I walk on the train tracks and try to spend the least time possible there.

3 hours ago, LilWolf said:

No shelters (or good ones), few resources, many wolves, a bear too, ice that breaks... whenever I pass through FM I walk on the train tracks and try to spend the least time possible there.

I disagree. Muskeg has the most interesting shelters of all the regions that I can think of. Just not a lot of the "shelters" most players wish for, but the kind of shelters very few utilize. But for someone like me, I actually very much like the idea of using terrain that was not neccesarily designed as shelter. This means outcoves in rocks, overhangs, and the one thing Muskeg has a lot of - huge lifted ice floats you can crawl under. I have survived many a night on the Keg, hunched down under a big piece of float, almost sitting on a campfire to keep me warm, just barely fitted in that confided (but cozy) place. Sure, these shelters are riskier since wind can get into them, but for general use they are pretty useful last-case scenario.

I rarely use tracks because most predators seem to converge around them. I usually take roads by one or the other side around, as if you know the Keg well, you can usually easily avoid most of the predators. But I get everyone plays their own way :) 

I like the Keg. Its a nice region to go for a walk to, or stick picking, or for a hunt, although animals dying on the weak ice make me sad.

My least favorite region is probably Desolation Point. Lots of predators, little of passive wildlife, treacherous paths, and lack of easily accesible decent place to hunker down for a longer period of time (all the major hideouts in there are seemingly meticulously guarded by predators. Also because my bad luck strikes most of the time when I am in that region. You could say I meticulously avoid going there by habit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mroz4k said:

My least favorite region is probably Desolation Point. Lots of predators, little of passive wildlife, treacherous paths, and lack of easily accesible decent place to hunker down for a longer period of time (all the major hideouts in there are seemingly meticulously guarded by predators. Also because my bad luck strikes most of the time when I am in that region. You could say I meticulously avoid going there by habit.

Exactly the same for me. Desolation Point is such an unappealing region to me. Judging by the name, we can expect this to be by design.

Additionally, I would say that the fact that it is a dead end region add another layer of desolation.

I usually just make a quick in and out there, just to loot the region and quickly try to bury the existence of this place far in my mind.

Edited by Nogen

I would have to say pleasant valley for obvious reasons but I'll name them anyway all the structures are spread out and with the region crawling with wolves and bear plus with having some of the worst weather your can get it's not worth spending time in it once you've looted everything unless your just using it for a transition region while heading to timberwolf mountain.

Desolation point just feels colder than the other regions, it’s bleak too.

It is a bit fallout too, especially the wolf cave and Hibernia Processing.

I think maybe Pleasant Valley? not sure, there's a few I'm not too fond of. I personally Like Mystery Lake and Mountain Town.