What Things From The Story Mode?

Guest Kane Parry

Guest Kane Parry

What items would you like from the story to be added in the survival mode and justify why (if you want :))

Honestly, would love the unique hunting knife that you are given in Episode 2 by the trapper to show up somewhere. Doesn't need to even have better stats. I just love the look of it as it has a more "I survive off the land" feel to it compared to the steak knife feel of the vanilla knife.

• Upvote 1

Guest Kane Parry
4 minutes ago, justyr1 said:

Honestly, would love the unique hunting knife that you are given in Episode 2 by the trapper to show up somewhere. Doesn't need to even have better stats. I just love the look of it as it has a more "I survive off the land" feel to it compared to the steak knife feel of the vanilla knife.

Agree i love the look of it too 

Naturally I think we'd all like to have the bear spear (we know the team has been working on it for the survival sandbox - so I believe it's coming)
I think it might be nice to find Jeremiah's knife someplace in the survival sandbox (perhaps more durable than the other knives).  As far as I know it was removed with the advent of the story mode redux.  I can't really think of any other unique items from story mode that would really be of value... ("survival stew" maybe?)

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, hozz1235 said:

There aren't too many...knife, bear spear, rifle?

I'm looking forward to the spear.  It will introduce some new tactics.

Jeremiah's knife looked great! The bear spear is a weird thing. It's useless on wolves (tried it, they just stop and keep their distance growling while you have it braced, which is not for long anyway) and heavy. But IF bears were badassified a little more it would be great. As of now, one good hit with an arrow or bullet and the bear is a goner. If they were a little tougher against ranged weapons (bleedout only caused by critical hits, maybe) the spear could instead be the true anti-bear weapon with heavy damage and guaranteed bleeding. But it would need a better system.

57 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

It's useless on wolves (tried it, they just stop and keep their distance growling while you have it braced, which is not for long anyway) and heavy

Well, (and this is pure speculation on my part) I suspect that part of the reason why they have been holding off on introducing the bear spear into Survival Mode, is possibly because they are trying to figure out a way to incorporate it's for wolves as well... either to deter them, lance them, or rework the spear struggle to look/work right when the wolf tried to jump us when we have it set.  I would assume that would take new animations and a rework of the present mechanics.  I think that when they do work into an update, it have a feeling that it won't just be for dealing with bears (though of course that would be the primary purpose).

...but that is just my guess.

• Upvote 1

Guest Kane Parry

@ManicManiac

Would be a pretty heavy load especially if you have the Rifle,Revolver and the bear spear it could be a case of taking what you need for each circumstance 

42 minutes ago, Kane Parry said:

Would be a pretty heavy load especially if you have the Rifle,Revolver and the bear spear it could be a case of taking what you need for each circumstance 

It would also be kind of a power fantasy to head out while carrying every single weapon.  Ready for battle, like a post-apocalyptic Rambo.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Knowledge System. Where you learn crafting recipes over time. Oh and having to read books and stuff to learn how to do things/interact with things. 

The Bear Spear (duh). 

Smaller environmental things, like having to crawl through the fallen rail car in Broken Railroad, taking the Elevator in the Dam, firewood bin at Grey Mother's house and the bin outside at Trapper's Cabin, hidden caches, collectible notes and stuff.

Music from Wintermute.

Item spawns from Wintermute.

Guest hoasd1

The cave of the Old Bear and his corpse.

The new entrance of the fallen rail car in Broken Railroad (Region).

The Bear Spear.

17 hours ago, hoasd1 said:

The cave of the Old Bear and his corpse.

The new entrance of the fallen rail car in Broken Railroad (Region).

The Bear Spear.

The cave is the most awesome location I've seen in the game. When I recovered from the traumatic experience of endlessly sneakin' and hidin' I asked about it in a mailbag. I got an ambiguous but not negative answer.