Is there any way to get this gun in survival mode?

mehmet5157

2 minutes ago, LilWolf said:

They are not going to add more guns to the game, the revolver was the last addition (at least for long time).

That may be true right now, I don't think its safe to say it will be the last firearm ever added. I does not matter that we recently got a different firearm for the game, some suggestions for items to be added were made 4 years prior to them actually getting added. I think Hinterland adds community requested items into the game based on how commonly these items are requested. For that its best to suggest your ideas regardless of the time to add them. 

@Skelegutplays There is no reason to be rude.

1 hour ago, mehmet5157 said:

images (8).jpeg

This is the old Rifle design for a special story-mode rifle Will found mounted on the wall in Hunting Lodge. After repairing Jeremiah´s rifle in the Maintenance shack and finding the corpse of one of the forest talkers, Will decided to check out their base of operations, upon arrival he found the rifle on the wall. It was not a different weapon, it was an identical rifle to the one we already have in the game, it just looked slightly different before you picked it up. The design on it is actually just the storm lantern light reflecting. After you picked the rifle up, it turned into the old design.

This rifle was in the Story mode Pre-Redux version.

Frankly, I would be happy if they added this model into the game in exchange for some of the old models of the rifle. I think it would be nice to add some "graphical" variety to the same kind of item, that applies for a lot of other things too. The items could be identical in every manner of speaking, simply look differently if dropped on the ground. It would add a little bit of extra immersion to the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mehmet5157 said:

any way to get in story mode? 

Not anymore, although this was the rifle you would find in the Episode 2 in the pre-redux version. Its a bit a pity that the redux removed some of these cutscenes or unique items like this different look of a rifle, or the unique item called ball cutters that you needed to get through the fence area below by the hunting lodge.

I found some random YouTuber I dont know who played and recorded this, if you wanna watch the whole vid feel free, not trying to plug the YouTuber just provide a proof. Skip to 4:25 of the video, you will see its the same rifle design in there, although once the actual animation starts, it regresses back to the old original model.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

That may be true right now, I don't think its safe to say it will be the last firearm ever added.

From what I've read, they don't have plans to add more firearms to the game, but who knows in the future... personally I'd like to see Spence's Spear in survival mode too, as a new weapon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LilWolf said:

From what I've read, they don't have plans to add more firearms to the game, but who knows in the future... personally I'd like to see Spence's Spear in survival mode too, as a new weapon.

I recall reading at one point that the intent is to introduce the bear spear in survivor mode, and that the hold-up is that they want to make it effective and usable against things other than bears.  Wolves and moose should work because they also charge the player, but I'm not sure what (if any) use it would have against deer.  Unless they turn it into a thrown weapon as an alt-fire or something.

But the point is, it should be available at some point!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Guest kristaok

I would like to see more Weapons too, but some people are against the idea of adding more Weapons. :/ 

Given the beauty of the model, it'd be nice to see it as a one-time only weapon in survival (i.e. only one found in the world) that basically is the rifle but with a slight buff (very slight)... I'm thinking a slight buff to the maintenance would be appropriate; something like saving 1% of wear on your rifle cleaning kit per action.

• Upvote 2