Best Start To A New Game

Guest Kane Parry

Guest Kane Parry

What is your best start to a new save?

For example I was playing earlier and I started in Milton and I found the revolver and the rifle in quick succession

First the revolver was in grey mothers house than the rile was in the back of a car with a generous amount of ammo for both 

Guest kristaok

Easily finding the Bow, Rifle, or Revolver, it's also a plus if I can find the Fire striker thingy. :D 

Guest Kane Parry
26 minutes ago, kristaok said:

Easily finding the Bow, Rifle, or Revolver, it's also a plus if I can find the Fire striker thingy. :D 

Agree or being close to one of the good safe houses 

Pilgrim Run - Started inside Trapper's Cabin in Mystery Lake with a 23% rifle on the rack and 3 rounds of ammo and a hunting knife.  Collected wood, set rabbit snare, made water and slept.   I walked outside to head to Camp Office only to find a moose standing in the clearing below the cabin.  Killed moose with a single shot and the rifle did not break.. luckiest start I've had.

Guest Kane Parry
4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I've had so many games, I can't remember but I do know it is helpful to find tools (prybar, knife, etc.) early on.

Agreed especially knife and hatchet 

Guest Kane Parry
57 minutes ago, Nogen said:

Any start where I can put a hand rapidly on a hunting knife and a hatchet make me feel that it will be an awesome game and nothing will stop me. 😀

Agreed probably most important things to get 

Guest Kane Parry
2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Timberwolf Mountain down to the farm house in PV. 3 packs of matches, mag lens and hacksaw

In my current game it took me way too long to get a hacksaw

I don't really mind if I don't get the hacksaw straight away but we all have a start list and that's what's awesome about the game 

Guest Kane Parry
2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Pilgrim Run - Started inside Trapper's Cabin in Mystery Lake with a 23% rifle on the rack and 3 rounds of ammo and a hunting knife.  Collected wood, set rabbit snare, made water and slept.   I walked outside to head to Camp Office only to find a moose standing in the clearing below the cabin.  Killed moose with a single shot and the rifle did not break.. luckiest start I've had.

Lucky half of the time I don't get a one shot kill so doing it with 23% condition 

Guest Kane Parry
3 hours ago, Cr41g said:

matches.... without them its usually a quick exit for my poor character

Agreed :D

While attempting to play without ever going in a building or mine I spawned at the Waterfall, FM, found matches by the tower and got a wolf to down a deer in a sheltered nook - food, water and warmth sorted before I'd walked 1km! That was good.

Edited by Stone

Guest Kane Parry
17 minutes ago, Stone said:

While attempting to play without ever going in a building or mine I spawned at the Waterfall, FM, found matches by the tower and got a wolf to down a deer in a sheltered nook - food, water and warmth sorted before I'd walked 1km! That was good.

Does sound awesome :)