What is your favorite place?

Tri13

I wanted to ask everybody's favorite place to make a base at or just your favorite place in general. Mine favorite place to set up base is probably either gray mother's house or the farmhouse in Plesant Vally. 

Whoa, that's surprisingly difficult to answer. I know the places I hate: the mines and tunnels, that's for sure. 🤬

Hm, my favourite place must be the hut at the bottom of Timberwolf Mountain. A bed, actually two, a nice fireplace, a nice 40 kg container, work bench. Fishing hut in close range. A wolf and 2-3 dear on the lake plus some rabbits. Endless stick supply. It's a paradise in pilgrim. Better than any place in Mystery Lake. 😀

• Like 1

Guest Kane Parry

Desolation Point because of the lighthouse and the crashed boat but the hunting lodge in broken railroad is a close second 

Guest kristaok

The Mountaineer's Hut in Timberwolf Mountain. Next I really like the Trapper's Homestead in Mystery Lake. 

Edited by kristaok

• 1 month later...

My favorite place for aesthetic and role-play purposes is the Paradise Meadows farmstead.  It looks like the kind of place I would actually settle down in, under better circumstances of course.  It can get a bit wolfy but there are plenty of exits so it's manageable.  Excellent interior storage, 8 indoor and 2 outdoor cook surfaces, and an outdoor workbench.  The downsides are the barn the workbench is in does not protect you from wildlife or the elements, so you've got to be careful when working on large projects.  Also there is no fishing, and getting into or out of the region requires two rope climbs.  (And if in between those rope climbs you sprain something, and don't have some means to treat it...you're dead.) And the Moose spawn point is way down in the Basin, making it a real chore to haul it back home.

For long-term viability, one of the houses on the water on the Coastal Highway, with an indoor fireplace.  It's very wolfy in town, but right on the coastline you can usually make a clean break.  You've got ample hunting and fishing in the region, plus beachcombing to restock you on otherwise finite resources, like saplings, cloth, and cured leather.  A forge isn't very far away, and there's an outdoor workbench by the Fishing Camp for projects, if you don't feel like dealing with the wolves by the Quonset Garage.  Downsides, all these goodies are spread across the map, and there is no good place for cooking.  The most you'll have is 2 cook surfaces at a time, and there are no good proper caves to light a ring of campfires.

11 hours ago, bkrownd said:

My favorite place is the forestry tower in Mystery Lake for the simple reason that it's the one place where you can be inside and see outside, and it has a cool "secret treehouse" kind of thing going for it. 

Actually it's one of several.  If you're looking to branch out a bit, there's another forestry tower on the Coastal Highway, with arguably the best view in the game.  Also, the Mountaineer's Hut on Timberwolf Mountain, and the back porch of the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley both count as indoor locations, with a clear view of the outside.