Radial Menu not working!

Philos

Guest kristaok

@Philos that is so weird, did you make sure you have the latest Hotfix Update? It must be a bug because the Radial is working for me.

40 minutes ago, kristaok said:

@Philos that is so weird, did you make sure you have the latest Hotfix Update? It must be a bug because the Radial is working for me.

Yep. Also verified local files via Steam twice after the update. Started new game but it's still the same.

19 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Philos if possible, get a debug screenshot with F8 and report your issue to Hinterland Support: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

I've already reported that yesterday but nobody answered yet.

I don't know if it's related but here is how I faced with this issue: 

1. Installed the game from a backup before the update. Everything was fine and working.  
  2. Installed some mods. 
  3. Played a few days then I've removed the game & mods. 
  4. Yesterday re-installed from a backup. Then updated it via Steam and faced with this issue. 

screen_(-7, 5, -3)_215814c1-d212-4455-8166-6ed5a750bc1e.png

2 minutes ago, Philos said:

I know the support team has been getting a lot of tickets this last week.  I know when I submit tickets sometimes I get an acknowledgement by the next day, but sometimes I get the acknowledgement a week later (I imagine that all depends on the volume of tickets, after all I imagine they have to process them one at a time).

Since you already submitted I am confidant that your issue is on their radar.  You will likely get your ticket acknowledgement soon :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

I know the support team has been getting a lot of tickets this last week.  I know when I submit tickets sometimes I get an acknowledgement by the next day, but sometimes I get the acknowledgement a week later (I imagine that all depends on the volume of tickets, after all I imagine they have to process them one at a time).

Since you already submitted I am confidant that your issue is on their radar.  You will likely get your ticket acknowledgement soon :) 

I understand and thanks a lot both of you for your replies @ManicManiac and @kristaok . I hope they will get in touch soon. I wanted to make sure if anyone else facing the same issue or it is just me. And of course wanted to try new update asap. :) 

@Philos
Chances are if you are experiencing the bug, than others likely are as well.  Even if it's a rare bug, the more it's reported/discussed the better the visibility to the team.  So thank you for bringing it up :) 

I hope the issue gets resolved for you soon, I only wish I could have been more helpful.

• Upvote 2

Guest kristaok
2 hours ago, Philos said:

Yep. Also verified local files via Steam twice after the update. Started new game but it's still the same.

I don't know if it's related but here is how I faced with this issue: 

1. Installed the game from a backup before the update. Everything was fine and working.  
  2. Installed some mods. 
  3. Played a few days then I've removed the game & mods. 
  4. Yesterday re-installed from a backup. Then updated it via Steam and faced with this issue.

Since you have admitted you installed Mods which are not supported by Hinterland aka they are unofficial Mods - Hinterland may not help you, in fact (don't quote me on this please) but I heard they have asked for people to not send in Reports if they have used Mods in their Game because Mods can cause all kinds of wonky things to happen.

Also I would suggest this, to do a CLEAN uninstall, this means uninstall the Game and remove ALL files pertaining to TLD. You may also need to turn off Steam Cloud File Saves, some people had to do this during the crashing with the last Update so I did just in case, of course I did eventually turn it back on. Then install the Game through Steam, NOT your backup! 

Lastly, and yea don't use Mods for one last I hard this Update broke them, and two since they are not supported like I said you may not receive help from Hinterland if something were to go awry. Also may I add to this subject here, by Reporting issues while running Mods it uses up the Teams resources because they have to figure out whether the issue is on their end, or whether the issue is with the Mods, and that takes away from true issues that people with unmodded Games are having. Does all of this make sense? 

PS. I am NOT hating on Mods / Modding, I am just telling you this to help you. You don't want to run into another issue like this or similar, well or worse. Because if someone does not know exactly what they are doing when they use these unsupported Mods they could REALLY mess up their Game if they don't watch it. This is why the Team does not approve of these unofficial Mods and they don't even allow people to link to them here on the Forums, or promote them - even though they sort of allow people to discuss them in general. 

In other GOOD News! Hinterland / Raph said they will be one day rolling out their own Mod Support, but only in their time, so I would suggest waiting for them to do so because when they do it - it will be done right. :) 

Edited by kristaok

Guest kristaok
1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

@Philos
Chances are if you are experiencing the bug, than others likely are as well.  Even if it's a rare bug, the more it's reported/discussed the better the visibility to the team.  So thank you for bringing it up :) 

I hope the issue gets resolved for you soon, I only wish I could have been more helpful.

Here's the thing though... we do not know whether this issue is related to the actual Game or them using unsupported / unofficial Mods or not... this may be why they have not received a reply from the Team yet. So this may be why I have not personally had any issue with the Radial whatsoever, and I have yet to hear of anyone else having this issue. Not trying to be mean, just pointing all of this out. Because Mods especially unsupported ones can cause issues, whether the issues come from the Mod being outdated, or the individual (no offense) did not install the Mod correctly, whatever. :P This is probably one of the reasons why the Team does not want people to send in Reports if they are Modding their Game, they kind of do... Mod TLD at their own discretion. Because if something does go wrong in the Game, and that person files a Report while using these unsupported Mods the Team has to waste valuable resources trying to figure out whether the issue is on their end or due to Mods etc. 

18 minutes ago, kristaok said:

Here's the thing though... we do not know whether this issue is related to the actual Game or them using unsupported / unofficial Mods or not... this may be why they have not received a reply from the Team yet.

True, that is a possibility.  :) 

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok
5 minutes ago, Philos said:

@kristaok Thanks for the reply. As I mention before, I've completely uninstalled mods and game files before this update. So game was unmodded when I faced with this issue. 

Anyway, I've found the solution here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/4/1748980761802888393/

Currently radial menu works fine. 

I am glad you found a fix! :D