hozz1235

This is a first

Recommended Posts

Found in the car on the DP Broken Bridge.

screen_25a28492-2938-488d-929e-aa056e38744b_hi.png

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if it's there for a hidden reason... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Master_Superninja418 said:

Just looks like a battery to me

That's because it is... also since it's a Battery, why is it there? I have NEVER seen a Battery inside of the Cars or Trucks interior before this Update. So I am wondering does this mean anything special, is this a bug, or what. 

Edited by kristaok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Master_Superninja418 said:

They are under the hood, maybe spawned incorrectly

Could be, I was hoping there is some sort of significance though. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it looks like the battery spawned a little off from its normal spot. I've always wondered about the batteries, since this proves that they're separate objects and not just part of the texture under the hood. I wonder if they will ever be used in-game during an aurora.

Someone recently pointed out that you can even open up the gas tank doors, so maybe siphoning might be an option down the line as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh weird - the plot thickens. Gonna try to move some car batteries around now... 😆

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Car batteries are kind of a vestigial element from an earlier build of the game.  They might have a purpose in the future, but current state it's kind of like they aren't hurting anything, so the devs just left it in.  They are a good way to mark a car as looted though.  I haven't done it in a while but I used to lift the hood, then RMB them onto the roof of the car.  That was my visual aid that I had nothing left to claim out of that car.

Edit: Now my visual aid is just leaving the hood up.  One less thing to do, y'know?

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a bug (referring to the original picture).  I've hand batteries that have inexplicably "fallen" out the bottom of cars or displaced from their usual cradle under the hood.  (as @ajb1978 said - currently not an item of use/interaction)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Seems to be a bug (referring to the original picture).  I've hand batteries that have inexplicably "fallen" out the bottom of cars or displaced from their usual cradle under the hood.  (as @ajb1978 said - currently not an item of use/interaction)

The probability of a bugged spawn seems rather low: it's perfectly within an empty space. A bugged spawn would have very more likely be 'stuck' somewhere in the wheel, or in the seat, or in the ground, whatever. IMO it's not random it spawns in a place it spatially fits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@BareSkin
Fair enough... I was just adding my thoughts from my previous experiences.  While I don't disagree, isn't it also possible for a random spawn to look seeming placed perfectly in a location it's not meant to be, but also look like it was placed there intentionally? 

Edited by ManicManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@BareSkin
Fair enough... I was just adding my thoughts from my previous experiences.

Hum, sorry if you felt somewhat attacked by my comment, that was no my intention at all. I just hope we see some use to these batteries in Episode 3 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@BareSkin
:D No worries at all... I didn't feel attacked.  Just positing a possible counter point for consideration. :) (perhaps I play devil's advocate more than I should)

I also hope we can see a use for batteries and vehicle fuel tanks in the future as well.  It would be nice to maybe have some kind of rig involving a car battery that would let us more reliably power things during Auroras or something like that. 

Edited by ManicManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the result of the battery in the hood spawning inside the car. (it's an item, that you cannot pick up, but you can move it around). Check under the hood to see if the slot is empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, ajb1978 said:

Car batteries are kind of a vestigial element from an earlier build of the game.  They might have a purpose in the future, but current state it's kind of like they aren't hurting anything, so the devs just left it in.  They are a good way to mark a car as looted though.  I haven't done it in a while but I used to lift the hood, then RMB them onto the roof of the car.  That was my visual aid that I had nothing left to claim out of that car.

Edit: Now my visual aid is just leaving the hood up.  One less thing to do, y'know?

I lift the hood for that same reason - saves me from wasting time rechecking cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devamadhu said:
On 5/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, ajb1978 said:

Car batteries are kind of a vestigial element from an earlier build of the game.  They might have a purpose in the future, but current state it's kind of like they aren't hurting anything, so the devs just left it in.  They are a good way to mark a car as looted though.  I haven't done it in a while but I used to lift the hood, then RMB them onto the roof of the car.  That was my visual aid that I had nothing left to claim out of that car.

Edit: Now my visual aid is just leaving the hood up.  One less thing to do, y'know?

 

1 hour ago, devamadhu said:

I lift the hood for that same reason - saves me from wasting time rechecking cars.

I used to lift the hoods, until I got jumped by  a wolf that was camping the car. In front of the car. Where I could not see him, because the hood was up. I jumped in to evade him, read a book for an hour, checked the side windows... never thought about being able to check out the windshield.  Since then, visors and battery, fuel door... but never a hood left up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a feeling that these batteries will have a role in the future episode of Wintermute. I can see us collecting them and gathering them into giant battery, that will be use to powering something during an aurora.

We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now