Problem with hunting rifle hit detection

Has anyone else been having a hard time hiring anything with the hunting rifle post steadfast ranger update?  I’ve tried hiting a dear multiple times and haven’t wounded it once.  I know those shots would have footer a wounding hit prior to this update.  

• Upvote 1

I’m having the same issue.

11 rifle shots and 7 flares, all missed.

To be fair, I didn’t hit much with the flare gun before the update.

It feels like the rifle is hitting low asI mostly get an explosion of snow.

Ya, rifle sights appear to be off -- 10 shots, 10 misses, most at wolves walking towards bait. I am not a great shot, but I'm not usually that bad.

the alternative?... I hope they haven't turned it into a skill points to reduce the spread of the RNG output type game, where it is not possible to do well unless you've either read sill books or wasted a lot of ammunition training.

Yes i have already reported the problem detailed and with screenshots so they should know and work on it, if you need to go hunting while you have this issue, i would advise to Aim "higher".

the shot does not reach the target and lands before it on the ground. its a pain and harder to hit because the ironsight will block the view but its something...

• Upvote 1

The iron site appears to be misaligned; bullet ends up well below the tip. Tested with different rifles and condition levels with same result. Best to aim higher for now as others have said - could be a bug related to existing save files from before the patch?