thekillergreece

All mods are disabled entirely on new update

For the record, since this is still being discussed, I could forgo the mods if HLG just added "BRUTAL" difficulty. You know, crank everything up to 11. All the mods that made the game so much harsher. I mean, if the mod guys can do it, should be easy to add to the core game. Make them options on the custom menu, then add Brutal Difficulty and I'll be a happy (if frozen) camper.

Maybe Deadman. Would love official Deadman settings.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheEldritchGod said:

For the record, since this is still being discussed, I could forgo the mods if HLG just added "BRUTAL" difficulty. You know, crank everything up to 11. All the mods that made the game so much harsher. I mean, if the mod guys can do it, should be easy to add to the core game. Make them options on the custom menu, then add Brutal Difficulty and I'll be a happy (if frozen) camper.

Maybe Deadman. Would love official Deadman settings.

Just play it in Blind Guy mode.

Turn off the monitor.  See how long you last.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

How sad that such a rich and community-mending thread would end with this two liner. Perhaps it was intended as a joke but to me it feels callous and disrespectful.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Admin said:

Short-ish answer: mods broke because of a change in Unity we adopted to improve performances. To fix the current PC crash, we may have to roll that back and mods may work again for a short period of time. That is until we find a way to get those performance improvements in safely again, at which point mods are likely to break again. As for why we are currently not supporting mods, we have made it clear in the past: there are a lot of competing priorities while making a game like The Long Dark, with a team our size, at the level of quality that we want. At this stage, mods just create more work for our team still working and focusing on the core game (bug reports, performance issues etc.). We are looking forward to doing mod support justice with proper tools at a later stage.

Thank you for saying this :) I am pleased you are looking to support them in the future.