The Long Dark Survival Mode Updated to V1.48 -- STEADFAST RANGER

Admin

Yeah, it didn't seem likely that 'loper would incorporate the pistol.  (I was hoping they would keep that pure, and they did :D )

The good news is, you can always set up a custom game what has Interloper-like difficulty and still have things like knives, hatchets, rifles, and pistols spawn like a Stalker run.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LilWolf said:

Making a great game even better

Agreed @LilWolf, I mean there is so much to love about this update... I really appreciate all the care that went into updating the sprain system, much more fleshed out.  The improvised wraps and Birch Bark Tea... I mean just these things by themselves are great additions to the game play, and yet there is a mountain more packed into just one update.  This as been well worth the wait!

:D 

• Upvote 2

Guest hoasd1

overhaul update so good!,now i can see the wolf like a wolf not a motorcycle,the revolver really had some thing special i wasn't excited,the improvised wraps now i can make cloths as wearable cloths.

Thanks for this hinterland.

Sometimes you get something you never knew you always wanted - like the new sprain system, I am truly excited about that!  Finally an end to all the guess work of when I am at risk of spraining my ankle or wrist. And I am glad to see a true use now for the birch bark, I'm sure this will help a lot in Interloper.

Thanks for all your work and for constantly improving the game ;)

Mhh, just running around a bit and got some sprains mountain goating. Treating a sprain with a bandage is still instant healing. I thought it would be bandage + time. Also, disabling sprinting when you're in pain would be more of an incentive to actually treat it

The revolver is surprisingly difficult to find on Pilgrim. I just want to take a few shots without playing a real game :)

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Sometimes you get something you never knew you always wanted - like the new sprain system

I was impressed by how much they fleshed it out.  It will make sprains more costly, and I like that... I do hope that they can still slowly heal naturally over time... I'm really stingy with my cloth as it is :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slvrsrfr said:

Wow. So. Yummy. It looks like an amazing update, so chunky.

Packed full of delicious treats... :D
I agree this is a game changing update, so much to sink your teeth into.
I love it.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Nice changes, but I am yet to wonder why the hand animations are still showing bare hands. After several years of development the player characters is still walking around showing bare hands even though mittens/gloves and now improvised rags are supposed to be equipped. My big question is, why? What is so hard about implementing this compared to other objects? It might sound like a small detail, but it actually is not. Walking around and interacting with tools and weapons with bare hands for hours while the temperature indicator is showing below 28 degrees just feels wrong to the core and kills the immersion for me with this game. Also, when will we see more variation in wildlife? Wolverines? Beavers? 

Edited by Torqen
  • Upvote 1

Really happy that the revolver exists, and that it doesn't spawn on Interloper loot. Also like the fact no other firearm is in preparation for near future.

My personal whishlist is getting shorter every update, I like that! Sleepwalkers will LOVE birch tea btw.

-clothing: craftable hat

-clothing: use socks as poor gloves

-clothing: make bandages useful for any Interloper+

-really random torches condition

-candles {can+0.5Lfat/oil+cloth/curedgut} on workbench, works only indoors

-protect the fire from wind with your body

-Campfire: longterm bushcraft ignition solution complement to mag lens {birch bark + stick+ cured gut}

-Campfire: need to spend stones for making campfire (+1min build time), can dismantle it like a shelter, get wood back from dismantling if blown out. Automatic degradation of campfire if left behind (1 week?).

-Sleep on the floor on a fresh/cured hide, zero healing.

-Torch: spend the match only at end of circle

-Torch: make it the default firestarter if already lit

-Make birch somewhat useful

- slopes: can’t put fire = can’t QUARTER killed animals if they die on slopes unless Harvest5

- slopes: fix the sprain system, can’t sprain on flat ground

-Custom code: appear in debug screenshots

-Custom Code: Cabin Fever bugfix (default Voyageur)

-Snares: have them work everywhere you can find rabbit footprints “naturally”

-Map: we should be able to rotate them

-Fire preparation times: instant with firestriker (+chance)/matches, 10min with maglens

• Upvote 1

Just now, Torqen said:

I am yet to wonder why the hand animations are still showing bare hands.

Ultimately, as long as you get the warmth/protection bonuses properly for worn gear... I argue it doesn't really mater if the character model's hands reflect unique skins for what you currently have equipped (outer jacket and gloves specifically) - besides it would look kind of clunky if it showed you wearing thick rabbit skin mitts while trying to fire a rifle...

• Upvote 1