The Long Dark Survival Mode Updated to V1.48 -- STEADFAST RANGER

Admin

On 5/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, CathyElksun said:

haha I am too scared to visit Timberwolf Mountain. Wolves? Bah! Sprains!

I feel like I am a woman in one of those old adventure movies who always twists her ankle and the big handsome hero has to carry her :D

I havent been having any of your problems funnily enough, even when pack-muling across maps I still very rarely get sprains, and I'm genuinely up to my sixth revolver, I'm running out of well stocked safehouses that DON'T have a revolver and a handful of bullets to it. I've just had to trek across the muskeg with three revolvers, I feel like god damn Revolver Ocelot xD

I just wanna say again how much I LOVE this revolver.  I really wish I'd had Bandicam on at the time because this would have made an excellent video, but I got surprised by a wolf around a blind corner (thank you Hibernia, you're always a barrel of laughs) and was close enough that he went immediately into his charge attack.  I had just barely enough time to pull the revolver out and squeeze off a round from the hip at basically point blank range, and dropped the thing maybe a car's length away.  Totally felt like Indiana Jones there.

Edit: And then by the stone church a little while later I nearly had the same reaction to a rabbit.... a freakin' bunny rabbit.

Edited by ajb1978

Back into The Long Dark.

On Jan 6 2014 I posted on my livejournal (I'm old, shut up) about how I was looking forward to TLD, then promptly forgot until I saw a friend playing it on steam after xmas and spent $9.99 on Dec 27 2014. Add a hundred hours then, then a year off, then another hundred hours, then a year off, then a hundred hours, then a year off... lather, rinse, repeat. Each time I start a new survival game to try to get to 500 days, each time life gets in the way and I put the game aside until months and months later when I see a new update has arrived. And then I start anew again, back at Camp Office in Mystery Lake as I could find my way through that zone blindfolded.

So not only is Steadfast Ranger new to me, but also cooking food on a stove? SORCERY. And now a reason to use the two-burner stove on the second story of the camp office.

(Though I am a little sad that the frozen corpse is no longer there at the top of the stairs. Whenever I climbed up to go to sleep, I'd always wish "Bob" a good night and then crawl into bed, sometimes thinking it just a little weird that I never dragged him outside and buried him in the snow...)

• 2 months later...
  • Admin locked and unpinned this topic
  • Admin unfeatured this topic