Hopless Rescue Fastest Time?

Lohaan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching his run now. It's really exciting to see this unfold. If anyone can beat the mighty Wizarc, it's you @Goodzilla.. But I think for you it's very possible right now to go 13:59... You were the first to break 14:59. So with more stims and the right weather...and a bit of luck...I can see you doing it...if you still feel the motivation. I'm taking a break at the moment, but I will be back I'm sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, Lohaan said:

I'm watching his run now. It's really exciting to see this unfold. If anyone can beat the mighty Wizarc, it's you @Goodzilla.. But I think for you it's very possible right now to go 13:59... You were the first to break 14:59. So with more stims and the right weather...and a bit of luck...I can see you doing it...if you still feel the motivation. I'm taking a break at the moment, but I will be back I'm sure. 

@Lohaan 

Thank you so much for your nice words!!

Right now I quit TLD for a while but I am sure I shall come back to play it again and to beat 14h. I played some Subnautica again and also the new "Below Zero" but it is still too much early access. Since a few day I try the "Raft" but not so lucky with it right now.

In a few days I my summer holidays start and I will go (first time ever for me) to Vancouver with my family. Unfortunately there is no address for Hinterland Studios and they also did not react on my request, otherwise I would have loved to visit them.

Have a good time, I am sure we will read each other here in the future

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Goodzilla said:

Indeed a very fast time! I didn’t speed run this challenge for quite a long time, so I am not sure about latest updates.

How many rope climes in TWM have you done?

@Lohaan  I heard the big short cut in TWM no more exists, is this correct?

It's been a while for me also.... I think @sholtolsen's run is the most recent?

The shortcut in TWM is still possible. I at least used it for this run, but have not touched HR since this run :) It is so draining after run "Too many" :) So the "usual" climbs from PV to TWM with stim and the two right after the shotcut with stims.

I went straight from Trappers to the fiirst wrecked train wreck after Camp Office and collected the flares and med box. Then trailers at the Dam and the Control Room in the Dam for at stim and then on to Signal Hill. Think I shaved most of my time off before PV Farm and just being lucky with the wind and sprains. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, sholtolsen said:

I was able to get a faster run together and recorded it if any one should be interested in the approach I toke with some good aid from Lohaan :) 

@sholtolsen 

First of all, congratulation to this record!! Very fast time! I have to check my best time, I think it was 14h 39 m
You got very lucky with the weather, I did not see a single snow flake in your run! Lucky with the weather but quite unlucky with stims!

You missed the last stim in the coal mine, see the screen shot from your run. There are only three places in the mine where it could be and in your run it was on the last place.

I do a few things different than you.
In the dam, I also check the office, there could one additional stim and also some clothes.
Also I think the new way up to the plane (PV) is faster than your way, which I used to go as well before Episode 3 update but I am not sure.

You reach the farmhouse in 3,5h which is absolutely great!
However I cook only one time 6 coffees here and save over 30m against your cooking.

I learned so many things with the new challenge "As the dead sleeps", that I think I should beat my own record here as well.

Stim.jpg

1 hour ago, Goodzilla said:

Also I think the new way up to the plane (PV) is faster than your way, which I used to go as well before Episode 3 update but I am not sure.

It seems there is an invisible wall stopping you from going this route, but there is a goat path also, which I have not tried yet either cos haven't ran it in ages, but @sholtolsen did get it in the end i think. 

Thanks for the great comments 👍 so great with good feedback.

I will remember to be aware of the last stim location in the mine. That could give a couple of minutes. 

And yeah the weather was really good and the winds quite favourable. 

My with cooking all the coffee in PV Farm was to save time as the summit as I would not have to do anything else than heating up with only one fire. 

As Lohaan daid I have tried the more direct route to the plane crash in PV but was blocked off by a invisible wall and had to take the other route around. Think it is just some sort of bug.

The other office in the Dam is that the one nearby or on the other floor?

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, sholtolsen said:

Thanks for the great comments 👍 so great with good feedback.

I will remember to be aware of the last stim location in the mine. That could give a couple of minutes. 

And yeah the weather was really good and the winds quite favourable. 

My with cooking all the coffee in PV Farm was to save time as the summit as I would not have to do anything else than heating up with only one fire. 

As Lohaan daid I have tried the more direct route to the plane crash in PV but was blocked off by a invisible wall and had to take the other route around. Think it is just some sort of bug.

The other office in the Dam is that the one nearby or on the other floor?

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

@sholtolsen 

That is definitely not the way I am taking in PV to go to the plane. I paint it where I walk about, but for sure there is a video showing the exact way.

Other things I do different:

- I also check the first "container home" in front of the dam, there can be a stim, coffee, flare and gloves/hat
- I am also checking the new barn in PV just on the right side when you cross the road before the farmhouse, found a stim twice here
- you can save time by cooking if you use the circle menu (space bar)
- I mean the office in the dam on the right side of the control room, there can be a stim in the metal shelf and some cloth/shoes in the office

You arrive after 3,5h in the farmhouse, I have no chance to reach that time!?!

Below my records made in Mai 2019 and Deadman from 13.February 2020

Shortcut.jpg

20190518.jpg

20190526.jpg

20200213.jpg

Edited by Goodzilla
  • Like 1

@sholtolsen 

Inspired by your new record I am also trying HR again.

I learned so many things with the new challenge (As the dead sleeps), that I was sure I can beat my old record.

I started with 17h, than came down to 15:11 and yesterday I had great weather and in total 9 stims and made it 14h 10m!

btw:
The 8h 55m  was a time just after Episode 3 was launched and the flare gun was in the plane in PV, so this time is not a "real" time

20200223202108_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Those are some sick records you have on the different runs! Wow. I am truly impressed. That As The Dead Sleep time is so inspiring! Will have to get back to that challenge even though it is so mentally draining :) But very nice runs.

I have just been back at The Hunted Part 1 to try and get a sub 5 hour time which I finally did.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for alle the tips Goodzilla! I had to back to HR and do it again and managed to get the same time as you. I am confident that it is possible to get below 14h, so might just give it a couple of tries. But thanks to you and Lohaan 🙌 I will post the video of this run later, when it is uploaded

Hopeles 0-14-10.PNG

@sholtolsen 

Respect! What a great run! Congratulation!

I don’t think it is possible to beat that time, or may be only for some minutes.
Even the weather was not as good as in your last run.

I am still trying and now I think most important is the weather only. I try now also to continue, even I have only one stim after the dam.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thank you guys :) Have not been paying that much attention to HR after that run, but have been back at the other challenges. Aiming for a sub 3 hour time on The Hunted Part 2 right now and it is really down to minor things right now :) 

• Upvote 1