Hopless Rescue Fastest Time?

Lohaan

@Lohaan Congratulations, that is a extraordinary time!

I would be very interested for more details, where did you walk through, what short cuts did you use?

How many stims did you find/use before summit?

How many coffees do you cook?

You can find my details in this thread:

Just some days ago I saw this huge short cut in TWM which saves at least 1 hour to my previous way in TWM.

Of course I also only play without glitches.

My fastest time was 16h 44m.

Now I just started to try with the new short cut, first try was 16h 07m

20190505001605_3.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Goodzilla said:

@Lohaan Congratulations, that is a extraordinary time!

I would be very interested for more details, where did you walk through, what short cuts did you use?

How many stims did you find/use before summit?

How many coffees do you cook?

You can find my details in this thread:

Just some days ago I saw this huge short cut in TWM which saves at least 1 hour to my previous way in TWM.

Of course I also only play without glitches.

My fastest time was 16h 44m.

Now I just started to try with the new short cut, first try was 16h 07m

20190505001605_3.jpg

16 hour 7 minutes also a very good time! Well done! How long have you been running HR? 

I have done a few sub-17-hour runs but my 15 hour 31 minutes run was late last night. The biggest difference with this run was 11 stims: 

1. Trapper's x1 

2. Derailment x 1

3. Carter Hydro x 2

4. Radio Control Hut x 2

5. The Summit x 4

6. Abandoned Mine to Coastal Highway x 1

By the time I left the summit, I realized I had 6 stims in hand and knowing there's a good chance to pick up one more on the way to CH it meant I had effectively 7 stims to get to DP. Really...I got all nervous and sweaty palms, but the weather was good so... I used 1 stim to get out of TWM, 2 stims to cross through PV into CH, popped 2 running across CH into Old Island Connector where I popped 1 more, then 1 more used inside No. 3 Coal Mine, and last one used in DP. Pretty much most of the way on stims. And the wolves tried to get me, and 2 did right at the end, but stim was still active so I just about got out of there after 2 struggles.  

Happy to have done this before the new update in case the new drink "GO" will affect these times (to me it looks like some sort of energy drink that might affect stamina...I could be wrong).

I will upload this run to Youtube in coming days and I will link it here. 

Edit: Coffees: I spawned with one coffee, and also found a tin at the Radio Hut. So 5 coffees to get to the summit, and then drank the 6th one up there after my last stim wore off so I could sprint around and loot etc. while cooking maybe another 10 coffees on 3 fires. In retrospect I could have probably cooked less and left sooner but I'm always worried frostbite might slow me down...

Edited by Lohaan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lohaan said:

And the wolves tried to get me, and 2 did right at the end, but stim was still active so I just about got out of there after 2 struggles.   

I know exactly how this is feeling, after that long way, after finding so many stims, having good weather no moose contact, in the last area only minutes before the end of the mission... and then a wolf attack... and even a second one... horrible.

7 stims from summit to lighthouse is even one too much.

How long I run HP before? May be 70 times or even more.

When I started I had no idea that I could do it without sleeping and I got better and better, needed long time to understand the stims are the key to this mission

I am looking forward to see your video to understand what short cuts you take

Yesterday I made it 15h59m , just under 16 hours (first time!). This was with only 5 stims before summit, unfortunately only one in the plane and the one in the cave.
So I had only 3 stims to run from summit to lighthouse. Staring time was good, weather not.

I already had 7 stims before the summit, hope to have this soon again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goodzilla said:

Staring time was good, weather not.

That's awesome! Well done! Are you recording at all? Put up a screenshot at least :D. I'm gonna try to upload my run today, having some software problems.  In terms of weather, I hope for bad weather at the start and then calmer for the second half of the run. Bad weather can really help you by pushing you along much faster than you can usually move.

Thank you for the video, I shall watch it when I have time and I wonder what I can learn from you!

I did not know how to record my run, but it seems to be easy, I shall try it in the future and upload if I make a quick run.

20190506210907_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Goodzilla said:

wonder what I can learn from you

It would be great if we can exchange information to try get faster times, but 11 stims will be hard to find again soon I think. 

We walk almost same route and same shortcuts.

I take another decent at the shortcut between dam and cave to PV.

Also I loot less than you.

How long do you know that shortcut in TWM? I just saw this a few days ago, you walk there much steady then I do.

Just now, Goodzilla said:

How long do you know that shortcut in TWM?

Thanks for watching man. I would love to see one of your runs. I don't know why my sound keeps bugging out. On all 3 runs I posted there's like a 20 min section with sound problems. 

Anyway, I spent a lot of time on TWM. But this route for HR I have done maybe 300 times. That shortcut I saw The Wizarc do it, so gotta give him a shout-out for that.  I think he has the fastest time with 15 hr 7 m? I haven't seen anything faster...have you? 

But really the difference with this run was the stims for me. And with that many, I was literally shaking by the time I left the summit because I knew my record was gonna fall, and I was still making mistakes cos I was nervous and it was also my last run of the weekend so I was tired. It could have been even faster, but I don't think the perfect run exists. 

Are you doing any glitched runs?  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lohaan said:

Anyway, I spent a lot of time on TWM. But this route for HR I have done maybe 300 times. That shortcut I saw The Wizarc do it, so gotta give him a shout-out for that.  I think he has the fastest time with 15 hr 7 m? I haven't seen anything faster...have you?  

Are you doing any glitched runs?  

So that is why you walk that shortcut in TWM so fabulous. I only tried it 4 or 5 times now. Two times in Pilgrim mode to learn it and two times in the challenge.

I saw this from Wizarc too but it was quiet dark so I found another run on day time by Kimiota Gaming.

Also 15:07 is the fastest I saw without glitches, and he is really fast, I have his times on a few checkpoints and I have no idea how he could be so fast in the farmhouse not even fully tired.

I never did and will never look for glitches, this is not interesting to me at all, also I do not safe and reload for looting reasons.

I watched you video now full and more carefully. The big difference between your run (and Wizarc's) is, that I use the double climb in PV and you both take the way outside. Compared to your time I am 10 minutes faster at the rope to TWM but of course you save one stim on your route. Did you try both ways and came across that it is better to take the outside route?

I am sure if you did loot only one container in the summit you would have a much faster time close to 15:07 or even faster!

Did you also try to speedrun the Without challenge?

Now two days without stim luck.... If I checked the farmhouse and have only 4 stims or less, I abort the game.

However I uploaded my first gaming video... a part of a video from one of my tries yesterday.

Here you can see my decent in the first short cut, also you see me walking in the middle of three wolves 🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

@Lohaan  I would be very interested in your answer:

I watched you video now full and more carefully. The big difference between your run (and Wizarc's) is, that I use the double climb in PV and you both take the way outside. Compared to your time I am 10 minutes faster at the rope to TWM but of course you save one stim on your route. Did you try both ways and came across that it is better to take the outside route?

27 minutes ago, Goodzilla said:

Did you try both ways and came across that it is better to take the outside route?

I never went to the ropes no, always around. Usually, I try to save my stims for the way down the mountain and slower sections because I worry about the weather changing. And especially when the weather is with you, you can make some good time going around that way. I think there is also a third route which I have not explored yet between these 2 paths that might be faster. But I think that if I have 5 stims at the farmhouse, I will try going the ropes next time.  

On 5/9/2019 at 3:03 PM, Lohaan said:

I think there is also a third route which I have not explored yet between these 2 paths that might be faster.

Do you mean this one (see pic).

The new spraining machanism makes it way harder to do speedruns. To be honest I lost a lot of joy for speedruns after the update.

You got about 10 times more sprainings on the shortcuts

I only finished HR once after the update with 17h 11m

TLD.jpg

Edited by Goodzilla
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goodzilla said:

The new spraining machanism makes it way harder to do speedruns. To be honest I lost a lot of joy for speedruns after the update.

You got about 10 times more sprainings on the shortcuts

I only finished HR once after the update with 17h 11m

Thank you for mentioning the sprains, I also am experiencing far more of them than before. I made a thread about it but it was for Stalker mode sandbox, I'm sorry to hear it is bad in the challenges too.  :(

Now and then I get inspired to run this challenge again for a better time, but I always die right before I get to the summit.  I never got the amount of stims or coffee you seem to get.   I will probably get at least as many sprains though.

Edited by stapeliad
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

I never got the amount of stims or coffee you seem to get

This is one of the starting conditions. If I don't get at least a stim or a coffee in the Trapper's upon spawning, I reset. You can carry on to the Camp office, and if not 1 stim or coffee there either, reset. By the time you leave the Carter Hydro dam, you need at least 2 stims to continue, and there is a coffee waiting at the radio tower mostly so that can help. And if you have 3 stims and a coffee by the time you are at the Farmstead in PV, you can still attempt to summit, but it might not be the fastest run. I prefer to have 4 stims and at least 5 cups of coffee before departing from the Farmstead, otherwise reset.

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, stapeliad said:

I never got the amount of stims or coffee you seem to get.   I will probably get at least as many sprains though.

I did many hundred times like Lohaan explain it. Restart until there is a stim in Trappers, nowadays I still start the challenge even without stim if the weather/daytime is good.

Two stims after the dam is still worth it to try it! (you will get at least one in radio tower and may be one or two in the farmhouse)
The Radio tower is a must to visit, you do not lose much time and there you find many good stuff for this challenge. There are four places in the Tower to find one or two stims (first aid box, just next to the box, under the table in rear control room and under the bed where you also can find a good trouser). Also there might be coffee, good coat, water bottle and shoes. To make a good time you need to come up here!

• Upvote 2